Morrison & Foerster is among the first U.S. law firms to establish an office or become locally qualified to practice in each of China's major business centers: Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. Having been handling major matters in greater China for more than 28 years, we have more than 70 multilingual US, PRC and HK qualified legal professionals, coupled with more than 1,000 international lawyers worldwide.
Morrison & Foerster provides comprehensive coverage for investment, finance and regulatory matters to a wide spectrum of clients in China, including many of the world's largest multinationals, the most substantial and active institutional PRC companies as well as promising startups in the Internet, technology, entertainment, telecommunications, cleantech and life sciences industries.
Key Practice Areas
- Antitrust and Competition Issues
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance + Internal Investigations
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Intellectual Property and Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Real Estate
- Technology Transactions
Our China Practice and attorneys are recognized by:
- Chambers Asia ranks the firm in band 1 for private equity and venture capital in China and for in band 2 for mergers and acquisitions and private equity-buyouts in China.
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific ranks Morrison & Foerster as the only firm in Tier 1 for Technology and Telecoms in Hong Kong since 2006. The firm is also ranked in Tier 1 for Technology and Telecoms and Capital Markets in China, and ranked as a leading firm in 5 other practices areas in China and Hong Kong.
- PLC Cross Border's Private Equity Handbook has highly recommended the firm as a leading advisor for private equity and venture capital investments in Hong Kong and China every year since 2006.
- IFLR1000 and Chambers Asia ranks the firm in tier 2 for private equity-buyouts.
- Global Finance magazine selected Morrison & Foerster as the "Best Legal Adviser in Asia" for the second consecutive year in a row as part of its "World's Best Investment Banks" survey.
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers recognizes our partners as leading lawyers in China in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital & Private Equity, Corporate Finance, and Telecommunications.
- Asian Counsel magazine named our Technology Transactions practice as "2010 Telecoms, Media and Technology Firm of the Year" in China.
The firm is honored to have recently completed our seven year engagement as sole international legal counsel to the Beijing Organizing Committee for the XXIX Olympiad in connection with its activities for the 2008 Summer Games.