Morrison & Foerster advises public and private companies and their management, officers and directors on:
- “best practices” for boards and board committees;
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act governance requirements;
- governance requirements of securities exchanges;
- director and officer fiduciary duties and responsibilities;
- board/management issues, including conflicts of interest, related party transactions and executive compensation;
- board and committee governance matters, including charters, programs and policies, self evaluations, codes of conduct, and executive succession planning;
- enterprise-wide compliance and risk management programs;
- public company disclosure issues and related liability considerations;
- shareholder relations (including shareholder communications, responding to shareholder proposals, dealing with shareholder activists, institutional corporate governance advisors, and shareholder advisory firms);
- proxy contests and other corporate control efforts;
- special committee representation and internal investigations.
Our Public Companies and Securities practice is co-headed by David Lynn, a former Chief Counsel of the Division of Corporation Finance at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and co-editor of TheCorporateCounsel.net, where he co-authors one of the most widely read blogs on securities, governance, and corporate law matters, including breaking developments on Delaware corporation law.