Morrison & Foerster Partner Peter J. Green will moderate a panel titled "MiFID Under the Microscope: What is Europe Thinking?" at the GARP Regulatory Forum.
The Capital Requirements Directive (CRD) continues to be refined, reflecting Basel III framework requirements for new capital measurements, leverage and liquidity requirements, and at the same time strengthening regulation, supervision and risk management of the entire global financial system. Although much of the rule making process is complete, the challenge of implementation still lies ahead.
This one-day intensive forum presents a comprehensive assessment within a global regulatory context and an unambiguous discussion of these policy initiatives. Focusing directly on the regulatory provisions that will impact the future of risk management in Europe, this intensive, forum should not be missed by risk managers eager to understand the impact of and applications for new regulations.
Topics to be addressed include:
- How will the Basel III Framework Impact the Industry Landscape? To What Extent will it Mitigate Systemic Risk?
- Update on the Capital Requirements Directive (CRD): The Regulatory Juggernaut Rolls On
- Forecast for UCITS Rules: Storm Clouds, Clear Weather or Volcanic Eruptions?
- How the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) Might Achieve the Stated Goals of the Regulators.
- Latest News from Capitol Hill and the Lay of the Global Regulatory Landscape.