Morrison & Foerster offers Israeli clients comprehensive, global legal services that only an international law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers in 16 key financial and technology centers around the world can provide. We advise our Israeli clients in litigation, intellectual property, technology transactions, public offerings, M&A, capital markets and corporate finance, and other areas of law. We collaborate with Israeli counsel in their areas of expertise, and provide our premier legal services when our experience is required:
- Corporate and Securities Transactions: We help Israeli companies conduct cost-effective IPOs and follow-on public offerings, leveraging our broad practice in both technology and cross-border public offerings. Since the beginning of the millennium, we have handled more Israeli NASDAQ public offerings than any other international law firm.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Strategic Alliances: We advise Israeli investors and venture and private equity funds and Israeli companies in negotiating and structuring cross-border transactions. We have advised on some of the most significant recent cross-border acquisitions involving Israeli companies, including Hewlett-Packard’s acquisition of Mercury Interactive, DSP Group’s acquisition of the business of NXP Semiconductors, St. Jude Medical’s acquisition of MediGuide, McKesson’s acquisition of Medcon, Spansion’s acquisition of Saifun, Verint’s acquisition of Opus, Zoran’s acquisition of Oren Semiconductor, and PMC-Sierra’s acquisition of Passave.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: We conduct litigation and international arbitration proceedings throughout the United States and around the world to protect the global interests of our clients. We have represented Hebrew University, Notal Vision, Pharmos, PowerDsine, Syneron, and many other Israeli companies in intellectual property and securities litigation.
- Intellectual Property Protection and Licensing: We have extensive experience prosecuting patent applications, handling interference proceedings, providing IP strategic counseling, and negotiating and structuring complex licensing deals.
- Asia-Israel Cross-Border Transactions: We offer experience, introductions, and practical guidance in dealing with Asian companies. With the largest law office of any U.S. firm in Tokyo, as well as offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, we represent clients in a variety of Japanese investments in Israeli companies and Israeli joint ventures in China.
- Cleantech: We have a long history of representing investors, emerging companies, and established companies in a variety of “green” industries, including alternative energies, water technologies, and recycling.
- We Understand Our Clients’ Businesses: Our intellectual property lawyers have academic degrees in electrical, chemical, mechanical, industrial, and design engineering, microbiology, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, and computer science. They share your technical background and understand your industry.
- We Speak the Language: Several of our attorneys have practiced law in Israel and are fluent in Hebrew. We have worked in Israel for over three decades. We are keenly aware of the similarities and differences among the American, European, Asian, and Israeli business cultures and legal systems.
- We’re There from Start to Success: Our lawyers have represented successful technology companies since the earliest days of Silicon Valley, including companies such as Apple and Intel. Throughout the past three decades, we have represented many successful Israeli companies, including Ceva, Check Point, DSP Group, Elron, Indigo, MediGuide, Mercury Interactive, Negevtech, Notal Vision, Passave, Saifun, Scitex, Syneron, RRsat, Tadiran, and Verint in establishing their business, marketing, and financial presence in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
Morrison & Foerster has a record of providing superior legal services to Israeli companies.
For more information about our Israel practice, please email your request to
, or contact: