WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 28, 2012 – Morrison & Foerster is pleased to announce that David Slotkin, an accomplished corporate partner, has joined the Firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Mr. Slotkin represents public and private companies in a wide variety of corporate and securities transactions, including private and public securities offerings and M&A. He advises public companies on corporate governance issues and represents investment banks in M&A financial advisory activities, as well as domestic securities offerings. Mr. Slotkin has a broad practice with particular expertise in the Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) industry.
"David is an outstanding addition to our Corporate Group," said Suz Mac Cormac, the Co-Chair of the Firm's Business Department. "David's long history of representing public companies and investment banks will deepen our ability to serve these important clients and allow us to expand our relationships with them. David is a key addition to our expanding Corporate Practice in the Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia region."
Mr. Slotkin said, "This is a great time to join Morrison & Foerster. The Firm's corporate practice is thriving and recognized for its role in some of the most important transactions for leading companies. The Firm has a collegial culture, first-class lawyers and a global client base of public companies and financial institutions that is a perfect fit with my expertise and practice. I'm delighted to be part of the Firm's strategic initiative to create even greater depth in the corporate practice."
The following are some highlights of Mr. Slotkin's recent transactions:
- Representing UnitedHealth Group, Inc. in over $2 billion in registered debt offerings;
- Representing JP Morgan, Citi and Deutsche Bank in the pending initial public offering of Retail Properties of America;
- Representing Equity Residential in its proposed acquisition of a 26.5 percent ownership interest in Archstone-Smith Trust for $1.325 billion;
- Representing Archstone-Smith Trust in its $22.2 billion acquisition by a partnership controlled by Tishman Speyer and Lehman Brothers;
- Representing CarrAmerica Realty Corporation in its $5.6 billion acquisition by affiliates of The Blackstone Group;
- Representing GE Commercial Finance in its $3 billion acquisition of Trustreet Properties, Inc., and its $2.3 billion disposition of Storage USA.
Mr. Slotkin is consistently ranked in Chambers USA, Nationwide: Capital Markets: REITs, and Chambers Global, USA: Investment Funds: REITs. Mr. Slotkin received his law degree from Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1995 and received his B.S. from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1992. He was formerly a partner with Hogan Lovells US LLP.
Morrison & Foerster was named Law Firm of the Year in 2011 for the second consecutive year by M&A Advisor and is consistently ranked as one of the leading M&A firms in the world's most respected surveys and tables, including Chambers Global; International Financial Law Review 1000; Legal 500; mergermarket; and Bloomberg.