Please join Morrison & Foerster and 451 Research for a special tech M&A webinar on Thursday, May 31 at 1:00 pm EDT. The event will feature highlights of our recent M+A Leaders Survey and will focus on factors that have affected deal flow so far this year, as well as observations on valuations, earnouts, cross-border M&A and the role of IP in current M&A.
The webinar will expand upon the findings of the inaugural M+A Leaders Survey, which polled more than 300 deal professionals and business leaders on current topics in tech M&A. Brenon Daly, Research Director for 451 Research’s M&A practice, will kick off the discussion, followed by Morrison & Foerster partner Robert Townsend, who co-chairs the firm’s Global M&A Practice. We will leave plenty of time for Q&A.
Among the topics we’ll cover in this information-packed webinar:
- Reasons for the forecast that 2012 will outpace 2011 in deal spending – a somewhat surprising finding given the slow start so far this year.
- What are the key drivers of current tech M&A and what are some of the inhibitors that have contributed to the tepid M&A spending so far this year?
- What is the outlook for private company valuations in 2012, and why?
- How do deal professionals feel about earnouts? What are the best metrics for measuring earnout-related performance and what are some of the best alternative mechanisms for bridging valuation gaps?
- What are the expectations for cross-border M&A and the key challenges that buyers and advisers see in international deals? What changes do US dealmakers expect to see in competition from foreign rivals?
- How important are patents and other IP as current drivers of transactions?
About the Survey:
The M+A Leaders Survey, completed in early April, polled a broad sampling of deal professionals, including CEOs, CFOs, attorneys, investors and investment bankers. The survey, the first in a series, is a joint effort of Morrison & Foerster and 451 Research.
For more information on the survey click here.