JOBS Act 2012: What You Need to Know Now
Since its passage, the JOBS Act has been extensively covered in the press and in law firm memos. However, there remain numerous questions that securities practitioners need to consider to effectively counsel their clients. As such, we hope you will Morrison & Foerster's David M. Lynn along with other outstanding attorneys at PLI's JOBS Act 2012 program being held on May 30th in New York City and Webcast live at www.pli.edu.
This comprehensive program will cover important changes and issues raised by the JOBS Act that impact not only securities and corporate lawyers, but emerging growth company executives, litigators and research analysts as well. Meredith B. Cross, Director, Division of Corporation Finance and Robert W. Cook, Director, Division of Trading and Markets with the Securities and Exchange Commission, will be participating and addressing your questions along with other legal experts.
The topics to be addressed include:
- Emerging growth companies: Are you ready to go public?
- What are the new disclosure considerations for emerging growth companies in registration statements and periodic reports
- How will the JOBS Act impact research analysts and research reports
- What are the practical implications of the changes to Rule 506 offerings
- Potential litigation and enforcement issues raised by the JOBS Act
- How to enter and exit the SEC registration and reporting system for banks and other issues
- The world of crowdfunding: How will these exempt offerings work
This program should give you a great opportunity to jumpstart your understanding of the JOBS Act and what it will mean for securities practitioners and their clients, particularly during the critical transition period of the next year.