We provide a full range of legal services to the investment community including the establishment and marketing of funds, the making of investments and structuring of private equity and venture deals. We also advise in connection with acquisition financing and buy-outs. We represent clients in all phases of their venture capital and private equity activities, including seed capital, first and later rounds of funding, debt financing, trade sales, initial public offerings and follow-on offerings.
We have particular strength in relation to private equity and venture capital financing transactions for companies in the life sciences, technology, and media and telecommunications sectors.
We also have significant strength in cross-border transactions. Our work is usually international in nature and U.S. and UK qualified lawyers in the European practice work closely with attorneys from our 16 offices worldwide.
- Apax Partners. Act as U.S. counsel for funds advised by Apax Partners in relation to an $11 million investment in global financial software company Iris Financial Engineering.
- De Novo Pharmaceuticals. Represent De Novo Pharmaceuticals in a venture capital financing.
- Derms Development Limited. Represent Derms Development Limited in the £4 million financing and acquisition of Crawfords.
- Indigo Software Group, Inc. Advise on a $4.5 million funding for Indigo Software Group, Inc., a software developer producing Internet communications solutions for a broad range of services providers from ISP to next generation telecoms operators.
- IWP International plc. Act as English counsel for IWP International in a €134 million leveraged buy-out of its household products division.
- NDTV Networks plc. Represent NDTV Networks plc, a subsidiary of New Delhi Television Ltd (India's largest private producer of news, current affairs and entertainment television), in completing an investment round of $20 million.
- Netronome Systems, Inc. Act for Spinner Asset Management and Top Technology on a Series B financing for Netronome.
- Oxford Immunotec Limited. Advise Oxford Immunotec on a $40 million fundraising round, the second largest financing round for two years for a European diagnostics company.
- Speciality European Pharma. Advise Speciality European Pharma on a €15 million Series A round in which Advent Venture Partners was the sole investor and on the subsequent acquisition of Proreo Pharma (Liestal, Switzerland) as well as worldwide rights to prostate cancer drug Plenaxis abarelix from Praecis. Advent Ventures has formed Speciality European Pharma to acquire pharmaceutical prescription products for development and marketing in Europe.