Stan Yukevich is a partner in the Corporate Department. Mr. Yukevich's practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and other strategic transactions involving Japan, both out-bound (Japanese companies in their transactions globally), and in-bound (US and other global companies in their transactions in Japan). Mr. Yukevich works with clients across a range of industries, with significant experience in the technology, medical device and related sectors.
Mr. Yukevich is recommended as a leading M&A lawyer in Japan by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, and IFLR1000.
Mr. Yukevich received his B.A. from Harvard University in 1986, and his J.D. from UCLA Law School in 1993. Mr. Yukevich is an adjunct professor at Temple Law School's Tokyo Campus, where he has taught a course on international contract drafting since 2005.
Mr. Yukevich's representative transactions include the following:
- Represented Toshiba Corporation in multiple transactions, including (1) its $2.3 billion acquisition of Landis+Gyr AG, a leading provider of advanced electricity and other utility meters and related solutions for the smart grid; (2) its strategic investment in USEC, Inc., the sole US producer of enriched uranium; (3) its acquisition of Camargo Correa Equipmentos e Sistemas S.A., a leading Brazilian manufacturer of switchgear and substations for electricity transmission networks; (4) its sale of its interest in its global silicones products joint venture with General Electric; (5) its NAND flash memory strategic alliance with M-Systems; and (6) its global joint venture for industrial drive systems with General Electric.
- Represented Terumo Corporation in multiple transactions, including (1) its $2.6 billion acquisition of CaridianBCT, a leading provider of blood collection, treatment and related products; (2) its acquisition of MicroVention, Inc., a provider of endovascular coils and related products for the treatment of cerebral aneurysms; and (3) its acquisition of Mission Medical, Inc., a provider of blood collection and related products.
- Represented NTT DATA in (1) its acquisition of Keane International, Inc., a US-based global outsourcing company; and (2) its $200 million acquisition of Intelligroup, Inc., a US-based systems integration company formerly listed on the OTC Bulletin Board.
- Represented Hitachi Limited in its acquisition of a majority stake in M-Tech Information Technologies, a leading provider of identity management software and services headquartered in Calgary, Canada.
- Represented SBI Holdings and its affiliates in multiple transactions, including (1) its investment and subsequent sale of an equity interest in Sino Polymer New Materials Co., Ltd., a Chinese maker of advanced polymer materials; and (2) its sale of its equity interest in Taikang Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Represented Sumitomo Corporation in its $1.9 billion acquisition of a 30% stake in the iron ore unit of Brazilian steelmaker Usiminas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais.
- Represented Nikon Corporation in (1) its acquisition by cash takeover bid of Metris NV, a Belgian maker of precision measuring equipment for the aerospace and other manufacturing industries; and (2) its formation of a global strategic alliance in surveying instruments with Trimble Navigation.
- Represented Nexon Japan in its common stock and convertible debt investments in Fantage.com, Inc., a New Jersey company that operates a next-generation virtual community site.
- Represented NTT DoCoMo in its acquisition of both Guam Cellular & Paging and Guam Wireless, two leading wireless communications providers on Guam.
- Represented Daifuku Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Jervis B. Webb Company, a world leader in airport baggage and material handling systems.
- Represented Citigroup Principal Investments Japan in its sale of the Niseko Village ski resort and facility in Hokkaido, Japan to YTL Hotels and Properties, a leading Malaysian hotel and resort company.
- Represented ACCESS Co., Ltd. in (1) its $350 million acquisition of PalmSource, a NASDAQ-listed software company which developed the operating system for Palm mobile devices; and (2) its acquisition of IP Infusion, a leading provider of network software for mobile phones.
- Represented Advanced Semiconductor Engineering in its acquisition of NECEL's semiconductor packaging and testing facilities in Takahata, Japan.