Morrison & Foerster's China Technology Transactions Group is recognized as perhaps the pre-eminent technology practice in the People's Republic of China and Hong Kong. The group advises a diverse range of Asian, European, and U.S. clients in the technology, financial services, life sciences, internet, software, telecommunications, and media industries on a wide spectrum of TMT related matters. Our lawyers have particular expertise in:
- cross-border sourcing and services agreements (including traditional IT outsourcing projects and business process outsourcing);
- technology licensing;
- contract manufacturing and logistics agreements;
- research, development, and technology transfer arrangements;
- reselling and distribution relationships;
- domestic and cross-border regulatory advice;
- data privacy policies;
- franchising arrangements;
- specialist intellectual property and technology law support and due diligence for private equity transactions, restructuring, and international capital market offerings; and
- intellectual property protection strategies.
The firm is one of the few international firms that are uniquely positioned to advise clients on matters relating to Hong Kong, PRC, U.S., and English law. We have more than 70 professionals located in China's largest commercial cities: Hong Kong, Beijing, and Shanghai.
The Technology Transactions practice was recently named "2010 Telecoms, Media and Technology Firm of the Year" in Hong Kong by Asian Counsel following its annual survey of in-house counsel. The firm won the same award in 2009 for China. Asia Pacific Legal 500 recognizes our practice in the first tier for technology work in China and since 2006, has ranked us as the only law firm in tier one for technology work in Hong Kong. Chambers and Partners ranks the firm as a tier one law firm for technology work in Hong Kong and China. The PLC Which Lawyer? and Global Counsel both highly recommend the firm for IT and Telecoms in Hong Kong and China.