In the derivatives, commodities and structured products area, as in most others, we are judged by the quality of our solutions: do we craft solutions that are practical and effective? And, just as important, can we do so quickly?
We function as our clients' partners in designing new products, assisting in concept development, providing risk and regulatory analysis, and preparing documentation.
Our clients include the derivatives, commodities and structured products groups at numerous investment and commercial banks, commodity dealers and users, insurance companies, mutual funds, hedge funds and other financial institutions, and public companies and holders of restricted equity securities.
With our clients, we have designed or worked on:
- Derivatives-linked securities;
- Equity and credit derivatives;
- Fund-linked derivatives;
- Commodity-linked derivatives;
- CPPI products;
- Energy, metals and foreign exchange derivatives;
- Fixed income derivatives;
- Derivatives for insurance companies and others in the risk transfer markets;
- Hybrids and other exotic derivatives;
- Traded indices;
- Products designed to capture tax, accounting, credit rating, or other regulatory advantages; and
- Emerging market and sovereign-risk products.
Recent select experience
- Deal contingent swaps;
- Structured product holder and derivatives counterparty claims against defaulting and financially distressed parties;
- Restructuring complex structured product transactions, including hedge fund linked structured notes and tax-efficient cross-border hybrid securities;
- Innovative derivatives products and transactions for issuers managing their capital structures, including variable and prepaid forwards, share borrow and equity comp hedges;
- Various "next-generation" D-basket hybrid securities, including "contingent capital" securities that achieve Tier 1 treatment;
- Insurance products, including Triple X and premium finance deals;
- Disclosure and trading documentation for use with customized indices relating to reference assets based on fund of fund programs and broad based commodity price indices; and
- Commodity linked financing and hedging products that address exposures resulting from unfavorable changes in refining and power generation operating margins.
A Quick Guide to Derivatives
See some of our selected matters and more detailed information about our experience
See Recent Attorney Publications for all articles