Jefferey Washenko has extensive experience in US and cross-border public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestments, joint ventures, financings, strategic investments and corporate partnering, particularly transactions involving China and Asia, for corporations and private equity groups.
Mr. Washenko's recent experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures includes representing:
- Texas Pacific Group in the sale of Advanced Interconnect Technologies Ltd., a semiconductor testing and assembly company, to Unisem (M) Berhad.
- Baring Asia Private Equity in connection with its sale of Sky Auction Inc. and Resilience Corporation and acquisitions of Amsino Medical Group and VPEP Inc.
- Steelhead Partners in its investments in Globalstar Inc., Level 3 Communications.
- NTT Communications with the sale of Autoweb Inc. to Kinderhook Private Equity.
- Verio Inc. in the acquisition of the SME-hosting business from NTTEO Gmbh.
- Flash Electronics Inc., a leading EMS company, in its merger with Asteel, forming a $750 million annual revenue company.
- Microsoft Corporation in connection with several share and asset acquisitions in the US and Europe.
Additional significant transactions include:
- Moulin Global Eye Care Holdings, Ltd. in its $450 Million acquisition from T. H. Lee of Eye Care Centers of America, Inc., the second largest optical retail chain in the United States and Moulin Global Eye Care Holdings, Ltd. in its $800 million bid for NYSE listed Cole National Corporation.
- Microcell, a leading original design manufacturer for GSM handset devices in its $200 million sale to NASDAQ listed Flextronics, Ltd.
- First Republic Bank in its $177 million stock acquisition of NASDAQ listed BWC Financial Corp.
- Advanced Interconnect Technologies, a global provider of semiconductor testing and assembly services based in Pleasanton, California, in its $250 million merger with several testing and assembly companies of Hana Microelectronics plc, a Thai publicly listed company and in its acquisitions of Multitech Design & Test, Inc. and Semiconductor Services L.C.
- Amkor Technology in connection with its purchase of semiconductor testing assets of IBM in Singapore and China and entering into a long term supply contract for testing and assembly services.
- KPN Mobile in the $602 million sale of its 22% stake in PT Telkomsel, the largest cellular operator in Indonesia, to Singapore Telecommunications.
Mr. Washenko has been recognized by several legal and business organizations and publications including:
- Global Counsel 3000 - Recommended Lawyer for Private and Venture Capital.
- Global Counsel 3000 - Recommended Lawyer for Corporate Transactions.
- PLC Which Lawyer? – Recommended Lawyer for Private Equity and Cross-border Private Equity.