Morrison & Foerster has earned its reputation as a leading firm in multidistrict class action litigation by handling more multidistrict litigation matters than virtually any other defense law firm. Our track record in these matters is first-rate — we make sure our clients' positions are rigorously and aggressively defended.
Recent representations include:
- In re Hydroxycut Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (S.D. Cal.). Serve as lead national trial and coordinating counsel in an MDL proceeding consolidating 28 product liability and false advertising actions in federal court. Plaintiffs allege that our client, a major food supplement manufacturer, and the other defendants, engaged in false advertising in connection with the sale of herbal weight loss supplements. (ongoing)
- In re United Parcel Service "Air-in-Ground" Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (C.D. Cal.). Represent UPS in 6 putative nationwide class action lawsuits alleging that UPS is obligated to fly UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air packages in an airplane but wrongfully diverts short-distance shipments to surface transportation. (ongoing)
- In re Motor Fuel Temperature Sales Practices Litigation (D. Kan.). Represent Costco Wholesale Corporation in an MDL proceeding comprised of more than 30 class actions alleging that the failure of retailers to disclose the sale of gasoline in volumetric gallons (as opposed to temperature-adjusted gallons) violates state consumer protection laws and constitutes common law fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, and numerous other claims. (ongoing)
- Nationwide False Advertising and Products Liability Class Action for Fortune 50 Company. (N.D. Cal.). Represent a multinational consumer electronics company in consumer class actions alleging consumer protection, false advertising, warranty, and other claims under the laws of various states. Actions were filed in multiple federal district courts and consolidated by the MDL Panel in the Northern District of California. (ongoing)
- In re Fruit Juice Products Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (D. Mass) and Environmental Law Foundation v. Beech-Nut Nutrition Corp. (Alameda County Superior Court). Represented 19 producers of packaged fruit, fruit juice, and fruit and vegetable-based baby foods in connection with Proposition 65 lawsuit and six consolidated federal class actions arising from the presence of naturally occurring lead in their products. Successfully obtained dismissal of suit.