Lewis Lee is an associate in the firm’s Capital Markets Group in London. He was admitted to practice in England and Wales in 2005 and joined Morrison & Foerster in 2007, having previously worked as an associate in the Derivatives and Structured Finance department of Allen & Overy.
Mr. Lee has previously spent ten months on secondment to a major U.S. investment bank, providing trading support in relation to both the equity derivatives desk and debt capital markets transaction management group.
Mr. Lee’s practice covers derivatives, structured products and international capital markets transactions, as well as financial services regulatory matters. His recent experience includes:
- Providing regulatory advice on a range of transaction and compliance issues, including with respect to the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) and the UK's FCA Rules;
- Advising counterparties (including investment funds, corporates, multi-lateral development banks, investment banks, non-EU central banks and international charities) with respect to their present and future obligations (reporting, risk-mitigation and clearing) under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR);
- Advising non-EU funds on their options for marketing into the EU and potential obligations under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD);
- Advising on derivatives clearing issues, including assisting a major US domiciled financial entity in determining the potential risks and netting issues related to centrally clearing a significant volume of derivatives transactions through a UK based clearing house (CCP) using its Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) clearing model;
- Advising on the issuance of structured notes, including those linked to a variety of asset classes such as credit, equity and commodities;
- Advising on and negotiating derivatives documentation governing OTC derivative products, including ISDA Master agreements and confirmations, stock lending documentation, rebalancing agreements and account control agreements; and
- Advising on the creation, formation and yearly update of a number of Euro Medium Term Note, structured note, certificate and warrant programs.
Mr. Lee has also been published in and contributed to industry publications including Derivatives Week and DERIVATIVES: Financial Products Report, Thomson Reuters.