Morrison & Foerster is a leader in advising on complex cross-border FDI, JV, and M&A transactions in the PRC. We act as counsel to a stellar list of Fortune 500 companies and global MNCs who regularly seek advice on matters ranging from business establishment to China regulatory and approval matters to anti-monopoly law advice.
Our Beijing, Hong Kong, and Shanghai offices assist clients in all areas of investment in China, including the following:
- Mergers and acquisitions of PRC foreign invested enterprises.
- PRC-related capital market transactions.
- Mergers and acquisitions of businesses in China.
- Offshore and onshore investment structuring.
- Joint venture structuring, documentation and negotiation.
- PRC regulatory and approval matters.
- Intellectual property protection and technology transfer issues.
- Foreign exchange control.
- Labor law, tax and other regulatory compliance issues.
- China-related capital market transactions.
We have bilingual attorneys that have extensive experience in China and are internationally trained with many having received training directly in PRC law. Our members of staff include highly trained bi-lingual legal assistants, translators and secretaries that support the work of our attorneys. Our practice is enhanced by the presence of a strong team of PRC attorneys led by senior PRC-trained partners with more than 20 years of experience in legal structuring and approval issues related to foreign investment projects in China, which provides us with key insight into regulatory issues and investment approval processes.
Our offices in Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai, work together seamlessly to provide the full range of our individual attorney's expertise and to provide attorneys in close proximity to where investment activities in China are taking place. Our China-based team is supported by other professionals in Morrison & Foerster offices throughout the United States and around the world.