Morrison & Foerster has one of the premier financial services practices in the United States. We serve our clients efficiently and effectively by offering comprehensive expertise in virtually all matters affecting financial institutions.
Among the many services we provide, we routinely:
- Represent U.S. financial institutions in their worldwide operations and activities.
- Counsel non-U.S. financial institutions on U.S. regulatory matters relating to their operations and activities, including establishing U.S. offices and subsidiaries.
- Advise on all facets of payment systems, credit cards, and stored-value cards.
- Offer distinctive and extensive expertise in financial services-related privacy law.
In addition to our large base of bank clients, we represent an array of other financial services companies, including trust companies, securities firms, insurance companies, credit card companies, mortgage bankers, and consumer and commercial finance companies and their holding companies and affiliates, as well as financial institution investors.
We understand that financial services companies are complex and that their businesses necessitate a full complement of legal services.
We advise our financial institutions clients in connection with:
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on regulatory initiatives and legislation.
- Product development and compliance.
- Private label and co-branded credit, debit, and stored-value card programs.
- Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC counseling.
- Capital-related issues.
- Derivatives and innovative financial products.
- Privacy law compliance.
- Regulatory enforcement defense and internal investigation.
- Capital market activities.
- Asset management.