MiFID – the six key steps to meeting the 1st of November 2007 deadline.
Morrison & Foerster, in conjunction with Summerson Goodacre, will be presenting this seminar on Wednesday, June 13th, from 10am to 12.30pm.
Mike Jones, who has been involved with MiFID since its inception, will cover the key steps to implementing MiFID. Anthony Nagle from Morrison & Foerster will provide a unique insight into the legal requirements relating to outsourcing financial services under MiFID and how to carry out a health check on existing third party outsourcing contracts. Andrew Simpson, formally of the FSA, who managed the implementation of the FSA’s Transactions Reporting System as well as the assessment of Real Time Market Monitoring from which the concept of Trade Data Monitors was developed, will cover some of the technical aspects of transparency as well as Transactions Reporting challenges faced by the industry.
Time is getting short. Much of MiFID is set in stone, but there are still major areas which have to be addressed. Some houses are well advanced down the MiFID track, but others have barely started. Senior management, however, has a responsibility to ensure that their organisations are not left behind.
This seminar will:
- Provide an update on the current regulatory state of play, both within the UK, and the rest of Europe
- Highlight areas which have been agreed, and where further guidance is required from FSA and CESR
- Identify the six key steps necessary to meet the November deadline
The following areas will be covered:
- Setting up the organisational structure – the project plan/compliance/record keeping/outsourcing/research
- Classifying the client – how to go about it
- Discretionary, advisory, and execution only clients – do’s and don’ts
- Client information – the new delivery opportunities
- How to best execute – systematic internalisers, MTF’S, exchanges
- Trade and transaction reporting – through the minefield
Who Should Attend:
- Stockbrokers, Wealth Managers, Insurance Companies, Investment Bankers and System Suppliers to the Securities and Finance industry and anyone interested in the outsourcing of Financial Services.