Morrison & Foerster has the largest and most diverse practice of any international law firm in Japan, with over 120 attorneys in Tokyo (including 50 Japanese attorneys).
We were one of the first foreign law firms licensed in Japan, opening our offices in 1987. Today we are the largest international law firm in Japan (and one of the 6 largest firms in Japan, foreign or domestic).
PRACTICE STRENGTHS AND ACCOLADES
- Largest international firm in Japan: over 120 attorneys on the ground
- Over 80 attorneys who are either Japanese or fluent in Japanese
- Designated Japan International Law Firm of the Year by Chambers Asia Pacific Awards 2014
- Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 in more Band 1 practice rankings and more Band 1 and "Star Individual" attorney rankings than any other international firm in Japan
- Only global firm ranked Band 1 for M&A in Japan by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, IFLR1000, and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Designated International Deal Firm of the Year, IP Law Firm of the Year, and Litigation Law Firm of the Year – Asian Legal Business (ALB) Japan Law Awards 2013
- Ranked in Band 1 for Japan Intellectual Property in the 2014 edition of Chambers Asia Pacific
- Ranked in Band 1 for Japan Capital Markets in the 2014 edition of IFLR1000
- Exclusive winner for International Law Office's "Client Choice Award" for excellence in Litigation and Intellectual Property; ranked in Tier 1 for Japan Dispute Resolution by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific from 2005 - 2014
- Ranked in Band 1 for Japan Real Estate in the 2014 editions of Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Ranked in Band 1 for Japan Tax in the 2014 editions of Chambers Asia Pacific, The Tax Directors Handbook and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
KEY PRACTICE AREAS
Shin-Marunouchi Building, 29th Floor
5-1, Marunouchi 1-chome
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6529