Alexandra focuses her practice on international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cross-border financing transactions and private equity investments throughout Latin America and the United States.
Alexandra also advises families and their family offices in matters relating to running a privately held business by providing corporate advice tailored to family businesses, including corporate and family governance structure, policies and procedures, succession planning, building and preserving business value, liquidity alternatives and exit strategies.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of a leading provider of outsourcing services in Latin America in an investment by a private equity firm.
- Representation of a leading provider of outsourcing services in Latin America in its acquisition of a leading airline call-center operator.
- Representation of the owners of a fifty percent interest in an agricultural product distributor in its acquisition of the remaining fifty percent stake from a multinational chemical company.
- Representation of the shareholders of an Argentinian agribusiness company in its sale of an equity stake for US$100 million to a private equity firm focused on investments in South America.
- Representation of a Guatemalan consumer products distributor in the acquisition of a Latin American bleach brand from a multinational consumer goods corporation.
- Representation of a Guatemalan food flavoring business in its sale to a Swiss producer and distributor of flavor and fragrance extracts.
- Representation of a minority shareholder in the sale of its shares of a franchise owner in Mexico and Central America.
- Representation of a leading tower operator in the U.S. in its decision to invest in the Costa Rican wireless communications tower sector through the acquisition, via its subsidiary, of 100% of the outstanding stock of a Costa Rican tower company.
- Represented a privately held company based in Miami and best known for several leading Hispanic coffee brands in the US$360 million sale of its coffee brands and business operations to a U.S. food and beverage manufacturer.
- Representation of the consortium of investors in its acquisition of the business and assets of the Latin American and Caribbean operations of a leading global restaurant chain; the agreement, valued at more than US$700 million, resulted in the sale of approximately 1,600 existing restaurants in 18 jurisdictions.
- Represented a Central American call-center company in a joint venture with a Canadian publicly traded company.
- Represented a local financial group in a joint venture in Mexico with an international financial institution for the launch of a credit card program.
- Represented a leading hybrid corn and agricultural seed developer and seed production company with operations in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Colombia and Venezuela in its sale to a U.S. agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology company.
- Represented a Salvadoran financial conglomerate in the sale of a majority interest to a leading Panamanian financial institution. The transaction was conducted by a public tender offer through the Salvadoran Stock Exchange.
- Represented one of the oldest banks in Central America as U.S. counsel in its merger with a Guatemalan bank, creating a financial institution with US$3.7 billion in assets.
- Represented a Salvadoran financial institution in its US$900 million sale to Colombia’s largest full-service financial institution conducted through simultaneous tender offers in Panama and El Salvador.
- Represented Costa Rica’s largest privately owned bank as U.S. counsel in its US$293.5 million sale to one of Canada’s largest financial institutions, through a tender offer conducted through the Stock Exchange of Costa Rica.
- Represented a Panamanian company in the US$145 million sale of a publicly traded Costa Rican manufacturing company with 30 subsidiaries located throughout Latin America to a French/Belgian conglomerate.
- Represented a Salvadoran manufacturer and distributor of cotton fabrics in connection with the sale of its textile manufacturing plant located in El Salvador to a U.S. publicly traded corporation.
- Represented an investor group in the formation and launch of a low-cost airline operating in Mexico.
- Represented a Salvadoran retailer in connection with US$300 million multicurrency financings secured by assets in 11 Caribbean jurisdictions. Acquisition consummated in part through public offers in Jamaica and Barbados.
- Advised an international financial institution on restructuring a US$80 million credit facility issued to a Central American media and telecommunications company.