Alexandra focuses her practice on international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cross-border financing transactions and private equity investments throughout Latin America and the United States.
Alexandra also advises families and their family offices in matters relating to running a privately held business by providing corporate advice tailored to family businesses, including corporate and family governance structure, policies and procedures, succession planning, building and preserving business value, liquidity alternatives and exit strategies.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented SoftBank in connection with a Series C financing round led by SoftBank’s Latin America Fund in Brazilian data science company Cortex.
- Represented SoftBank in connection with a Series B financing round led by SoftBank’s Latin America Fund totaling US$125 million in AlphaCredit, one of the fastest growing technology-enabled financial platforms in Latin America.
- Represented a leading provider of outsourcing services in Latin America in an investment by a private equity firm.
- Represented a leading provider of outsourcing services in Latin America in its acquisition of a leading airline call-center operator.
- Represented the owners of a fifty percent interest in an agricultural product distributor in its acquisition of the remaining fifty percent stake from a multinational chemical company.
- Represented the shareholders of an Argentinian agribusiness company in its sale of an equity stake for US$100 million to a private equity firm focused on investments in South America.
- Represented a Guatemalan consumer products distributor in the acquisition of a Latin American bleach brand from a multinational consumer goods corporation.
- Represented a Guatemalan food flavoring business in its sale to a Swiss producer and distributor of flavor and fragrance extracts.
- Represented a minority shareholder in the sale of its shares of a franchise owner in Mexico and Central America.
- Represented a leading tower operator in the U.S. in its decision to invest in the Costa Rican wireless communications tower sector through the acquisition, via its subsidiary, of 100% of the outstanding stock of a Costa Rican tower company.
- Represented a privately held company based in Miami and best known for several leading Hispanic coffee brands in the US$360 million sale of its coffee brands and business operations to a U.S. food and beverage manufacturer.
- Represented the consortium of investors in its acquisition of the business and assets of the Latin American and Caribbean operations of a leading global restaurant chain; the agreement, valued at more than US$700 million, resulted in the sale of approximately 1,600 existing restaurants in 18 jurisdictions.
- Represented a Central American call-center company in a joint venture with a Canadian publicly traded company.
- Represented a local financial group in a joint venture in Mexico with an international financial institution for the launch of a credit card program.
- Represented a leading hybrid corn and agricultural seed developer and seed production company with operations in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Colombia and Venezuela in its sale to a U.S. agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology company.
- Represented a Salvadoran financial conglomerate in the sale of a majority interest to a leading Panamanian financial institution. The transaction was conducted by a public tender offer through the Salvadoran Stock Exchange.
- Represented one of the oldest banks in Central America as U.S. counsel in its merger with a Guatemalan bank, creating a financial institution with US$3.7 billion in assets.
- Represented a Salvadoran financial institution in its US$900 million sale to Colombia’s largest full-service financial institution conducted through simultaneous tender offers in Panama and El Salvador.
- Represented Costa Rica’s largest privately owned bank as U.S. counsel in its US$293.5 million sale to one of Canada’s largest financial institutions, through a tender offer conducted through the Stock Exchange of Costa Rica.
- Represented a Panamanian company in the US$145 million sale of a publicly traded Costa Rican manufacturing company with 30 subsidiaries located throughout Latin America to a French/Belgian conglomerate.
- Represented a Salvadoran manufacturer and distributor of cotton fabrics in connection with the sale of its textile manufacturing plant located in El Salvador to a U.S. publicly traded corporation.
- Represented an investor group in the formation and launch of a low-cost airline operating in Mexico.
- Represented a Salvadoran retailer in connection with US$300 million multicurrency financings secured by assets in 11 Caribbean jurisdictions. Acquisition consummated in part through public offers in Jamaica and Barbados.
- Represented GTP Torres CR, S.R.L. in a US$80 million term loan facility with Citibank N.A. and Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. in Costa Rica, for the acquisition of cell phone tower assets and ground lease assets from Centennial Tower S.A. and the construction and development of greenfield cell phone towers.