Cheryl’s practice focuses on investigation, litigation, and arbitration matters in greater China on behalf of multinational and Chinese clients. She has experience in China-focused arbitration work, including Chinese-language proceedings before CIETAC. She has handled matters for clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, technology, pharmaceuticals, and finance.
Cheryl is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Represented a Sino-Foreign joint venture company in CIETAC arbitration proceeding against Chinese SOE arising out of performing supply contract in China.
- Represented a Hong Kong investor in HKIAC arbitration proceeding against Chinese partner arising out of manufacturing joint venture in China.
- Represented a US investor in CIETAC arbitration proceeding against Chinese partner arising out of establishing a joint venture in China.
- Represented a Chinese company in SIAC arbitration proceeding against an Israeli distributor arising out of a distribution agreement.
- Represented a US-listed multinational technology manufacturing company in internal investigation in China of potential violations of American Accounting Standards.
- Represented a Fortune 500 manufacturing and technology company in internal investigation in China of potential violations of FCPA and related anti-corruption laws related to transaction with Chinese SOE.
- Represented a US-listed software company in internal investigation of potential fraud related to its business partners’ distribution software and provision of relevant services in China.
- Represented a US-listed Home Appliances Company in internal investigation in China of its former executives’ potential violations of anti-corruption laws.
- Represented a US-listed pharmaceutical company in internal investigation of potential violations of FCPA in response to queries from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice.
- Represented a US-listed semiconductor manufacturer in internal investigation of potential violations of FCPA and related anti-corruption laws in China, the U.S. and European related to the cooperation with the third party’s business consultants and the communication with Chinese SOE and the government departments.
- Represented a Taiwan-based bank in internal investigation in response to inquiries from U.S. Department of Justice.
Transaction of Corporation
- Represented Kim Eng Securities, BOCOM International, Haitong International and Industrial Securities (Hong Kong), as joint bookrunners, in Broad Greenstate International Co., Ltd.’s HK$2.8 billion (US$ 36.12 million) of IPO and listing in Hong Kong. Broad Greenstate is a fast-growing and comprehensive landscape design and construction service provider in China. Kim Eng Securities acts as the sole sponsor of this transaction.
- Represented the largest oil and container port in China in its issue of bonds in RMB.
- Represented a Chinese company listed in the Main Board of Hong Kong in its issue of bonds in US$.