“ I’m passionate about advising industry leaders on the structuring and execution of challenging and transformative M&A transactions, and I’m grateful to contribute to the advancement of innovation across the globe.
Dario de Martino is a partner in the Corporate Department of Morrison & Foerster’s New York office.
Dario’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border public and private mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, joint ventures, strategic and private equity transactions, and corporate governance matters.
He represents a broad array of major U.S.-based and multinational technology, financial services, healthcare, and industrial companies.
Dario serves as the Co-Chair of MoFo’s Blockchain + Smart Contracts Group and regularly counsels global companies, including with respect to acquisitions and strategic investments in blockchain-enabled and AI-powered technologies.
Dario is a frequent speaker and writer on various topics in M&A and private equity with a particular focus on innovative technologies.
He is also an active leader in the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Sage Automotive Interiors, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asahi Kasei Corporation, in its acquisition of the automotive fabric business of Adient plc through a global carve-out.
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd., a global printing and technology company, in its acquisition of Colorvision International, Inc., a leading provider of innovative, state-of-the-art imaging systems.
- Vonage Holdings Corp., a leading provider of cloud communications services for businesses, in its $350 million recommended all-cash takeover of NewVoiceMedia Limited, a leading global provider of cloud contact center and inside sales technology.
- Vonage Holdings Corp., a leading provider of cloud communications services for businesses, in its acquisition of Telefonica Digital, Inc. and its subsidiaries, TokBox, Inc. and TokBox Australia Pty Ltd., from Telefónica Digital Ltd., a subsidiary of Telefonica S.A.
- Daiwa Securities Group Inc., a global financial services company, in its agreement to acquire both Sagent Advisors (a leading investment bank) and Signal Hill Holdings LLC (a leading investment bank) to form a new M&A advisory firm called “DC Advisory”.
- Wentworth Management Services LLC in its acquisition of Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments (PKS), an independent broker-dealer with 485 offices in all 50 states.
- Ducera Securities as financial advisor to Monsanto Company in its $66 billion sale to Bayer AG.
- DST Systems, Inc., a leading provider of sophisticated information processing and servicing solutions, and its wholly owned subsidiary ALPS Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Kaufman Rossin Fund Services, LLC, a provider of specialized administration services to the global financial community.
- DST Systems, Inc. in its acquisition of 100% ownership of Boston Financial Data Services, Inc. and International Financial Data Services Limited, previously operated as 50/50 joint ventures with State Street Corporation.
- Inovalon, a leading technology company providing advanced, cloud-based analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to the healthcare industry, in its $105 million acquisition of Creehan Holding Co., Inc., the parent company of Creehan & Company, an independent provider of specialty pharmacy and medications management software-as-a-service platforms.
- FUJIFILM Holdings, a leading provider of imaging, information and document solutions, in its acquisition via tender offer of Cellular Dynamics International, a developer and manufacturer of fully functioning human cells in industrial quantities.
- GMO Internet, Inc., a leading global internet hosting company, with respect to its cross-border private placement of cloud-mining rental contracts.
- Kora Technologies Limited, a technology company developing a blockchain-enabled, self-sustaining and community-owned platform providing financial services to the unbanked, with respect to its cross-border private placement of Simple Agreements for Future Tokens (SAFT).
- AccessCoin, LLC, a technology company developing a blockchain-enabled, open source, decentralized protocol that enables the management, use and transfer of digital assets, with respect to corporate governance and securities matters.