“ I’m passionate about advising industry leaders on the structuring and execution of challenging and transformative M&A transactions, and I’m grateful to contribute to the advancement of innovation across the globe.
Dario de Martino is a partner in the Corporate Department of Morrison & Foerster’s New York office, and serves as the Co-Chair of MoFo’s Blockchain + Smart Contracts Group.
Dario’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border corporate transactions, principally in connection with public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, and corporate governance matters.
He represents a broad array of U.S.-based and global corporations which are active in the following industries: technology, financial services, and healthcare.
He regularly counsels fintech companies, including with respect to acquisitions and strategic investments in companies developing blockchain-enabled and AI-powered technologies.
Dario is a frequent speaker and writer on various topics in M&A and private equity with a particular focus on innovative technologies.
He is also actively involved in the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Represented Vonage Holdings Corp., a leading provider of cloud communications services for businesses, in its $350 million recommended all-cash takeover of NewVoiceMedia Limited, a leading global provider of cloud contact center and inside sales technology.
- Represented Vonage Holdings Corp., a leading provider of cloud communications services for businesses, in its acquisition of Telefonica Digital, Inc. and its subsidiaries, TokBox, Inc. and TokBox Australia Pty Ltd., from Telefónica Digital Ltd., a subsidiary of Telefonica S.A.
- Represented GMO Internet, Inc., a leading global internet hosting company, with respect to its cross-border private placement of cloud-mining rental contracts.
- Represented Kora Technologies Limited, a technology company developing a blockchain-enabled, self-sustaining and community-owned platform providing financial services to the unbanked, with respect to its cross-border private placement of Simple Agreements for Future Tokens (SAFT).
- Represented AccessCoin, LLC, a technology company developing a blockchain-enabled, open source, decentralized protocol that enables the management, use and transfer of digital assets, with respect to corporate governance and securities matters.
- Represented Daiwa Securities Group Inc., a global financial services company, in its agreement to acquire both Sagent Advisors and Signal Hill Holdings LLC.
- Represented Wentworth Management Services LLC in its acquisition of Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments (PKS), an independent broker-dealer with 485 offices in all 50 states.
- Represented Ducera Securities as financial advisor to Monsanto Company in its $66 billion sale to Bayer AG.
- Represented DST Systems, Inc. in its acquisition of 100% ownership of Boston Financial Data Services, Inc. and International Financial Data Services Limited, previously operated as 50/50 joint ventures with State Street Corporation.
- Represented Inovalon, a leading technology company providing advanced, cloud-based analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to the healthcare industry, in its $105 million acquisition of Creehan Holding Co., Inc., the parent company of Creehan & Company, an independent provider of specialty pharmacy and medications management software-as-a-service platforms.
- Represented DST Systems, Inc., a leading provider of sophisticated information processing and servicing solutions, and its wholly owned subsidiary ALPS Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Kaufman Rossin Fund Services, LLC, a provider of specialized administration services to the global financial community.
- Represented FUJIFILM Holdings, a leading provider of imaging, information and document solutions, in its acquisition via tender offer of Cellular Dynamics International, a developer and manufacturer of fully functioning human cells in industrial quantities.