Jae Yoo is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Morrison & Foerster and is a member of the firm’s Corporate Group.
Jae practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and related corporate governance matters, and other strategic transactions. Jae represents both strategic clients and private equity firms in domestic and cross-border acquisitions and sales of companies and businesses, in the technology and healthcare industries as well as various other industries. Jae also advises clients on joint ventures, investments, secondary stock purchases, tender offers, restructurings and similar corporate transactions.
Jae earned his B.B.A. from the University of Michigan Business School and received his J.D. from New York University School of Law. Prior to joining Morrison & Foerster, Jae was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm.
Jae is a native speaker of Korean.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- VMware in its acquisitions of:
- Wavefront, a provider of real-time metrics monitoring and streaming analytics platform.
- AetherPal, a remote support solutions provider.
- Avi Networks, a provider of multi-cloud application delivery services.
- Veriflow, a developer of network verification, assurance and troubleshooting product.
- Nyansa, an AI-based network analytics developer.
- Walmart in its acquisitions of:
- Assets of Art.com, an online retailer of art and wall décor.
- Bare Necessities, an online retailer of women’s intimates and swimwear.
- Eloquii, a specialty women’s apparel retailer.
- Zivelo Inc., a developer of full-service point of sale kiosks, in its acquisition by VeriFone.
- Protean Holdings Corp., an electric vehicle technology company, in its acquisition by National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB, an affiliate of the Evergrande Group of China.
- Mozilla Corporation in its acquisition of Read It Later, Inc., the developer of Pocket.
- Auris Surgical Robotics, Inc. in its $100 million acquisition of Hansen Medical, Inc.
- Mirantis, Inc., an open source infrastructure and services provider, in its acquisition of the Docker Enterprise platform business from Docker.
- China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group (CECEP) and its SZSE-listed subsidiary Valiant Co., Ltd. in Valiant's $142.5 million acquisition of MP Biomedicals LLC, a supplier of chemical compounds and equipment for life sciences research and production with operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Kurion, Inc. in its $350 million acquisition by Veolia.
Private Equity Mergers and Acquisitions
- Gryphon Investors in its acquisition of RegEd, Inc., a provider of compliance and regulatory management services for financial services companies.
- eSolutions, Inc., a Francisco Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of RemitDATA, Inc., a healthcare data and analytics platform provider.
- HealthcareSource HR, Inc., a Francisco Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of the Centricity Contingent Staffing business, a SaaS-based healthcare staffing platform, from GE Healthcare.
Other Strategic Transactions
- SoftBank Group in its $7.7 billion investment in Uber, in a combination of primary capital and secondary investment via third-party tender offer.
- ON Semiconductor Corporation in its pending acquisition of the East Fishkill Facility from Global Foundries.
- Walmart and its Global eCommerce division in a strategic alliance with JD.com, one of China’s largest e-commerce companies, in a transaction that included Walmart’s acquisition of an equity stake in JD.com valued at approximately $1.5 billion.
- Walmart and its Global eCommerce division in an investment in and strategic alliance with New Dada, one of China’s largest crowdsourcing delivery platforms.
- BestReviews, Inc., an online product review company, in the sale of 60% of its equity interests to Tribune Publishing, in a transaction that valued BestReviews at $110 million.