“ What makes my work exciting is that every day, my clients bring new and unique questions to answer—whether it’s managing a difficult negotiation with a counterparty, overcoming roadblocks in projects, or any other challenges, they know that I will be there every step of the way to help them and their projects succeed.
Julia primarily represents developers of renewable energy projects, and assists them with all aspects of their project development needs, including negotiation of construction and balance of plant contracts, equipment and services supply agreements, power purchase agreements, interconnection matters, buy-side and sell-side purchase and sale agreements, build-own-transfer agreements, financing agreements, tax equity agreements, and other contracts that arise in the context of developing, constructing, selling, and owning renewable energy projects.
Julia also has experience advising clients on such matters as private equity investments, sponsor-backed leveraged buyouts, mergers, debt and equity securities offerings, and commercial lending and structured finance transactions, as well as general corporate matters, corporate governance, and securities law compliance.
In addition to conducting her legal work, Julia currently serves on the firm’s pro bono committee, is co-chair of the Los Angeles Women’s Affinity Group, served on the firmwide Women’s Strategy Committee from 2016 to 2019, and has co-chaired the Los Angeles office’s summer associate program multiple times. She is also an active member of Women in Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy, Women in Cleantech and Sustainability, the American Wind Energy Association, and the Solar Energy Industries Association.
- Represented Apex Clean Energy (“Apex”), a national developer of utility-scale wind and solar energy facilities both onshore and offshore, in the sale of the 300-MW Balko Wind project in Oklahoma to D.E. Shaw Renewable Investments.
- Represented Apex in the financing and sale of the 299-MW Kay Wind project in Oklahoma to Southern Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company.
- Represented Apex in the financing and sale of the 151-MW Grant Wind project in Oklahoma to Southern Power.
- Represented Apex in the sale of the 163-MW Midway Wind project in Texas to Sammons Renewable Energy.
- Represented BayWa r.e. Wind, LLC (“BayWa”), in connection with the acquisition by its wholly owned subsidiary Beethoven Wind, LLC, of all assets and rights related to the 80‑MW B & H Wind Project in South Dakota.
- Represented BayWa in connection with its acquisition of the 15-MW Anderson Wind Project in New Mexico.
- Represented BayWa in its acquisition of PTC-qualified wind turbines from SunEdison.
- Represented BayWa in the negotiation of turbine supply and service agreements with certain of the top three wind turbine suppliers in the U.S.
- Represented EDF Renewables (EDFR) in its sale of three California solar projects to Dominion, one of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of energy, for a total of 84 megawatt peak (MWp). The three solar projects included; the 32.6-MWp / 24-MWac Cottonwood Solar; the 24.3 MWp / 18 MWac Catalina Solar 2; and the 27 MWp / 20 MWac CID Solar Project.
- Represented EDFR in its sale of a 26.7 MWdc / 20 MWac solar project located in San Bernardino County, California, to one of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of energy.
- Represented EDFR in connection with the negotiation of turbine supply agreements, service and maintenance agreements, construction contracts, transformer supply agreements, and other equipment and service supply contracts for wind and solar projects across the U.S.
- Represented innogy Renewables US LLC, in connection with the negotiation of wind turbine supply and service agreements for its first two projects in the U.S.
- Represented juwi Wind, LLC, a subsidiary of the juwi Group, a major international developer of renewable energy projects, on a construction and term-loan financing for the 30-MW Community Wind South Project located in southwestern Minnesota.
- Represented Oak Creek Energy Systems (OCES), a subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, in the sale of the 148.5-MW Phases I and II of the Tres Mesas Wind Project in Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Represented OCES in the sale of the 51.8-MW Phase III of the Tres Mesas Wind Project.
- Represented RPM Access, LLC (RPM), in connection with a $75 million equity investment by Google in RPM’s 50-MW Rippey Wind Farm, located in Greene County, Iowa.
- Represented Solar Frontier Americas (“Solar Frontier”), an indirect subsidiary of Showa Shell Sekiyu, K.K., in the sale of the 15-MW Morelos del Sol solar farm, located in Kern County, California; and the 20-MW Calipatria solar farm, located in Imperial County, California, to Southern Power.
- Represented Solar Frontier in the sale of the 50-MW Midway I solar project, located in Imperial County, California, to X-ELIO.
- Represented Solar Frontier in the sale of the 30-MW Midway II solar project, located in Imperial County, California, to Dominion.
- Represented Solar Frontier in the sale of the 20-MW Midway III solar project, located in Imperial County, California, to Greenbacker Renewable Energy.
- Represented The Nature Conservancy in connection with a $1.7 million financing from Prudential Financial for stormwater-retention projects.
- Recommended: Finance: Project Finance – Legal 500 US 2019