Marcus’s practice focuses on fund formation and related matters. He regularly advises both managers and investors in the formation and operation of private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, and other alternative investment products, as well as related regulatory and internal governance matters.
In addition, Marcus advises clients in private equity/M&A transactions and other corporate matters.
Marcus is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Represented IndoSpace in the formation of IndoSpace Logistics Parks III, its US$580 million India-focused industrial real estate fund.
- Represented a Singapore-based sponsor Savills IM Japan Residential Fund GP Pte. Ltd. in the establishment of a $160 million Japan-focused residential real estate fund focused on residential properties.
- Represented a Hong Kong based investment manager with the formation of a US$50 million venture capital fund which will invest in video-game developers.
- Represented Chinese insurance companies including Ping An in their investments in private investment funds.
- Advised a Chinese fund manager on its internal compliance policy.