Mark serves as Chair of Morrison & Foerster's Finance and Projects Group, and is Co-Chair of the Financial Transactions Group.
Mark focuses on leveraged and acquisition finance, middle market and asset based finance, mergers and acquisitions and hybrid transactions involving structured debt and equity investments. His clients include major foreign and domestic commercial banks and investment banks, as well as private credit debt funds and public and private corporations. Mark routinely advises these clients on both transactional and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Morrison & Foerster, Mark was a partner at another large law firm in New York, where he served as head of the firm’s North American Leveraged Finance Group. Before that, he led a global leveraged finance practice and served on an executive committee.
Bank Finance Transactions
- Joint lead arrangers and joint book running managers in connection with the $3.10 billion financing for the acquisition of an American truckload motor shipping carrier, which included a $2.17 billion senior bank facility and a $835 million high-yield bond placement.
- Morgan Stanley and Bank of America as Joint Lead Arrangers in connection with the $2.6 billion financing for the acquisition of Ameripath Corporation by Quest Diagnostics Inc., which included a $1.6 billion senior bank facility and a $1 billion bridge financing.
- Credit Suisse as Lead Arranger in connection with the $120 million acquisition financing for Crestview Capital’s acquisition of Munder Capital Management from Comerica Bank.
- Citibank and Merrill Lynch as Joint Lead Arrangers in connection with the US$4.4 billion bank and bridge financings for the leveraged recapitalization of Tribune Company.
- Morgan Stanley as Lead Arranger in connection with the $1.355 billion first lien, second lien, and ABL financing for Talecris Biotherapeutics Holdings Corp. and its subsidiaries, Talecris Biotherapeutics, Inc. Precision Pharma Services, Inc., and Talecris Plasma Resources, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch as Joint Lead Arrangers in the $2.4 billion first lien, second lien and bridge financings for the leveraged spin-off of Hanesbrands, Inc. from Sara Lee Corporation.
- Balfour Beatty plc on the $626 million acquisition of Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc., a U.S.‑based provider of construction management services.
- Balfour Beatty on its $350 million acquisition of the Military Housing Business of GMH.
- Certain individual manager/investors in the acquisition of a minority equity interest in an ultra‑high net worth money management firm.
- ClientLogic Corporation (a portfolio company of Onex Corporation) in connection with its $760 million acquisition of Sitel Corporation.
- D.E. Shaw & Co. as sponsor in connection with the leveraged buyout of Aspen Marketing Holdings, Inc., including the $105 million senior acquisition financing provided by CIBC and the $25 million mezzanine financing provided by an affiliate of Blackstone.
- Balfour Beatty plc and its U.S. subsidiaries on the $40 million acquisition of Dooley Construction Limited Partnership, a Charlotte, North Carolina-based construction management company.
- Heery International, Balfour Beatty’s U.S. professional and technical services arm, on its acquisition of Douglas E Barnhart Inc. for a cash consideration of $116 million.