Mr. Zebrowski is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice focuses on commercial litigation, real estate, section 17200 litigation, partnership and shareholder disputes, and legal malpractice defense. He has more than 35 years of experience representing clients across a variety of industries including professional services, financial services, real estate, construction, aviation, medical device, life science, manufacturing, government contracting, energy, and technology (hardware and software).
Mr. Zebrowski, in addition to handling general commercial litigation matters, has handled a variety of disputes including breach of contract, unfair business practices, trade secrets, mergers and acquisitions, franchise, distributor, investor and shareholder, construction defect, professional liability, insurance, land use and environmental, and product liability matters. In 2016-2017, San Diego Best Lawyers recommended him for Bet-the-Company, and Commercial Litigation as well as Environmental, M&A, and Real Estate Law.
Mr. Zebrowski has consistently been recommended by Legal 500 US, Best Lawyers in America, San Diego Daily Transcript as a top attorney in corporate and real estate litigation and Super Lawyers. He was named San Diego Real Estate Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in 2015 and Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in 2017 by Best Lawyers.
Mr. Zebrowski is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (“ABOTA”); a founding Master in the Wallace Chapter of the American Inns of Court; a director of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law; a past president of the San Diego Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers; the former managing partner of the San Diego office; and has served on numerous other non-profit boards. He is admitted to practice in the State of California; in the Southern, Central and Northern Districts of California; in the Ninth Circuit; and before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Zebrowski has presented at numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars, including for the Lawyers Club, the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the American Inns of Court, Morrison & Foerster client seminars, and in-house training for clients and Morrison & Foerster attorneys.
- Represented public company in distribution agreement dispute and related shareholder proxy fight.
- Represented life science company in collaboration agreement dispute.
- Represented software and data provider in defense of contract, tort, and statutory claims.
- Represented co-trustees of family trust in claims arising out of sibling’s mismanagement and misappropriation from family businesses.
- Represented San Diego County Regional Airport Authority in a dispute with a fixed base operator.
- Represented utility in dispute concerning nuclear power station.
- Represented large energy provider in several matters arising out of the California energy crisis.
- Represented software and data provider in defense of various actions challenging termination of dealers and distributors.
- Represented large brewing company in an action challenging the termination of a California distributor.
- Represented software developer in defense of various fraud and unfair business practices actions.
- Represented San Diego and Swedish partners in a dispute with another foreign partner concerning three separate commercial real estate partnerships.
- Represented long-distance telephone carrier in defense of a consumer unfair business practices claim.
- Represented securities brokerage in defense of various customer claims.
- Represented two mortgage lenders in defense of nationwide consumer class actions concerning insurance practices.
- Represented title insurer in a large competitor trade secret dispute.
- Represented defendant in life sciences trade secret dispute.
- Represented investor and its finance subsidiary in a venture capital partnership dispute.
- Represented software company in an asset purchase dispute.
- Represented the San Diego Padres and their development affiliate in numerous actions concerning the San Diego ballpark and related ancillary redevelopment.
- Represented utility and parent in defense of soil and spring water source contamination claims.
- Represented San Diego Naval Training Center (“Liberty Station”) master developer in several matters challenging the redevelopment project.
- Represented large land developer in acquisition dispute.
- Represented publicly traded investment partnership in various matters arising from closure and conversion of a large mobile home park.
- Represented several real estate developers in CEQA actions.
- Represented lender/partner in a dispute with a partner concerning three separate industrial real estate partnerships.
- Represented minority general partner in a dispute with managing general partners concerning two separate commercial real estate partnerships.
- Represented buyer in a specific performance action.
- Represented several national law firms in defense of legal malpractice and RICO claims.
- Represented San Diego Superior Court in matters challenging jury selection and facility use policies and procedures.
- Represented San Diego elected officials and senior staff in public agency hearings.
- Represented avionics manufacturer in defense of product liability claim by airline pilot.