Mary Katherine Rawls is an associate in the Corporate Finance | Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Funds groups. Her practice focuses on representing public and private companies in securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and compliance, with an emphasis on non-traded REITs and private real estate funds.
Mary Katherine regularly advises issuers and broker-dealers in securities offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, and private securities offerings under Regulation D. She also advises public and private companies and boards of directors on corporate governance, audit and special committee matters, general securities law compliance, such as Exchange Act reporting and listing requirements, and fund formation and organization, including real estate and private equity.
Mary Katherine is a member of the inaugural Rising Leaders Council for the Institute for Portfolio Alternatives, a forward-thinking trade association that is proactively shaping and leading the emerging field of portfolio diversified investments.
- Represented Augmedix, Inc. (NASDAQ: AUGX) in its uplisting to Nasdaq and $40 million underwritten public offering
- Represented Steadfast Apartment REIT, Inc., a non-traded public REIT, in connection with its $7 billion merger with Independence Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: IRT)
- Represented American Healthcare Investors, LLC in the acquisition of its business by Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III, Inc., a public non-traded REIT
- Represented Ethos Capital LP, a private equity firm, in its majority control acquisition of Donuts Inc. from private equity firm Abry Partners
- Represented Sila Realty Trust, Inc., a public non-traded REIT, in its $40 million internalization transaction
- Represented a software and services focused private equity firm in its sale of a portfolio retail company
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of Pacific Oak Strategic Opportunity REIT, Inc. in its strategic stock-for-stock merger with Pacific Oak Strategic Opportunity REIT II, with a $2.6 billion resulting company
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of Resource Real Estate Opportunity REIT II, Inc. in connection with its acquisitions of Resource Real Estate Opportunity REIT, Inc. and Resource Real Estate Opportunity REIT III, Inc., with a $3 billion resulting company
- Represented Steadfast Apartment REIT, Inc. in its acquisitions of Steadfast Income REIT, Inc. and Steadfast Apartment REIT III, Inc., with a $3.3 billion resulting company
- Issuer counsel to numerous public, non-listed REITs’ initial public and follow-on offerings totaling over $10 billion
- Counsel to numerous perpetual life, NAV REITs in their private offerings to invest in various real estate classes, including but not limited to multifamily and wireless assets.
- Counsel to numerous closed-end REITs in their private offerings to invest in data center assets, wireless infrastructure assets, and multifamily assets
- Counsel to various closed-end and open-end private real estate funds in their private offerings to invest in various asset classes
- Counsel to an Opportunity Zone Fund in connection with its $50 million private offering to invest in qualifying opportunity zone investments
- Counsel to a Delaware Statutory Trust in connection with its private offering to facilitate Section 1031 transactions
- Counsel to a private venture capital fund in connection with its private offering to acquire certain portfolio investments
- Represented Pegasus Digital Mobility Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: PGSS.U) in its $200 million initial public offering of 20 million units.