Tyler’s experience encompasses various aspects of transactional and contentious IP matters, including cross-border M&A transactions, technology transfer and licensing, IP and data-driven strategic cooperation, patent and trademark litigation, cyber security and data privacy, pharmaceutical regulations, and trade secret protection.
Tyler is a native Mandarin speaker and is fluent in English. He is a Registered Foreign Lawyer with the Law Society of Hong Kong.
- A leading US coffee brand on its strategic digital cooperation with major Chinese Internet companies in the area of online payment integration, mobile applications, product sales, in-store virtual features and other value-added telecom services (VATS) in China.
- A leading European pharmaceutical company in high-profile, global patent enforcement actions against generic drug manufacturers in China to protect the patents for its major oncology drug, in court proceedings and also the associated invalidity proceedings.
- A leading European fiber producer on the overhaul refinement of its internal IP protection protocols, non-disclosure agreements suitable for various scenarios, intra-group innovation services agreements, and joint development agreements with external consultants, etc..
- A leading global coating materials manufacturer on setting up its exclusive cooperation arrangement with a Chinese coating materials manufacturer for the R&D of photovoltaic coatings.
- A leading German automotive company on technology licensing negotiations with a Chinese partner in setting up a joint venture for the production of new-energy multifunctional vehicles.
- Leading German and Japanese automotive companies, respectively, on China regulatory developments regarding automated driving systems and in-car information services.