03/15/2012 08:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Clean Technology, Renewable Energy, and Energy Regulatory
AAA of Northern California, Nevada and Utah Insurance Exchange 3055 Oak Road Walnut Creek, CA 94597
The Contra Costa Economic Partnership recently launched the Diablo Innovation Alliance ("DIA")—an industry driven initiative and economic development strategy focused on the growth of clean energy and water technology companies the greater East Bay region. Our ultimate goals include growing the local economy, creating jobs, and becoming a global center for clean technologies.
On March 15, 2012, the DIA Work Group invites you to join us for an interactive and engaging panel event to discuss new initiatives for streamlining the alternative energy regulatory process governing discretionary approvals (e.g., rezoning, Williamson Act and agricultural conversion, CEQA, and permitting) and how the DIA Work Group and renewable industries can best engage in these efforts. The panelists will include:
We are also excited to share the news that the Contra Costa Economic Partnership recently received a highly competitive Department of Energy contract that will assist our three-county region in developing a uniform expedited rooftop solar permitting process.
The DIA Work Group’s strategic plan for the clean energy sector involves three primary objectives:
1. Develop a model that fosters a uniform, expedited permit process for rooftop solar projects.
2. Create regional regulatory and legislative consistency for wind, solar & geothermal renewable projects through collaboration, education, and advocacy.
3. Establish a coalition of renewable energy companies to accelerate state-wide market adoption of clean energy technologies.
Efforts are already underway to achieve these objectives, including:
1. The Economic Partnership has received a Department of Energy grant to develop a model expedited permit process for rooftop solar PV installations that can be scaled up and adopted by all municipalities and the three counties in the greater East Bay;
2. Working with the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research to update the Statewide General Plan Guidelines, including the Energy Element to eliminate barriers and encourage the adoption of alternative energy throughout California;
3. Collaborating with Joint Venture Silicon Valley and Alameda County on a regional aggregated public sector procurement program for clean energy.
Please click here to review the DIA Work Group strategic plan.
There is no charge to attend the DIA Work Group Meeting. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to the event. An RSVP is required for this event for security purposes.
©1996-2018 Morrison & Foerster LLP. All rights reserved.