Bowen Wang is an associate based in the London office of Morrison & Foerster and is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. Mr. Wang’s practice focuses on advising on private equity investments, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, fund formation and other general corporate and commercial matters.
Mr. Wang was awarded his LL.B degree from the China University of Political Science and Law in 2012, and then received his J.D. degree and P.C.L.L. certificate from the University of Hong Kong in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
Mr. Wang is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Represented an international investor in three rounds of investments into SenseTime with an aggregate value over US$1.2 billion. The company is currently valued at US$7 billion. Established in 2014, SenseTime is one of the leading artificial intelligence companies in the PRC with a focus on facial and image recognition technology.
- Represented Softbank in connection with an investment as part of a US$3 billion investment by Softbank and the SoftBank Vision Fund into Ele.me, the food delivery business owned by Alibaba. Ele.me would be merged with Koubei, which is an affiliate company that focuses on bringing local businesses online by providing payment and other technology services. Combining Koubei and Ele.me could help Alibaba expand to extend its reach and deepen its market position in China’s buoyant online-to-offline (O2O) space.
- Represented SoftBank Vision Fund in connection with the Series D+ investment totaling US$225 million in Klook, a Hong Kong-based leading travel activities and services booking platform.
- Represented a leading capital markets and investment group in Hong Kong and a consortium of investors in relation to the Series C round investment into a market-leading cancer solutions provider. Based in Taiwan, and with operations across Asia (Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, PRC), the company provides genomic profiling assays, molecular information to physicians and biopharmaceutical clients, and cancer treatment plans, cancer relapse and drug resistance monitoring as well as cancer risk assessment and immunotherapy evaluation.
- Represented a China-based investment bank in its joint venture with Quark Ventures, a Canada-based venture capital firm, and the establishment of Global Health Sciences Fund I, L.P. with a fund size of US$100 million.