Darío Avram is a partner in the Finance and Private Equity Buyouts & Investment Groups at Morrison & Foerster LLP.
Darío regularly represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a variety of complex U.S. and cross-border financing transactions, including leveraged buyouts, refinancings, and restructurings. He has led transactions covering a range of industries, including technology, financial services, industrials, professional services, and consumer products.
Darío was recently recognized by Global M&A Network as one of the Top 50 Americas Rising Dealmakers. He is also recognized as a key partner for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 2019.
- Represented Ethos Capital on its agreement to acquire Public Interest Registry (PIR), a nonprofit generic top-level domain registry that operates multiple domains including one of the world’s largest (.ORG), and all of its assets from the Internet Society. (Terminated)
- Represented Francisco Partners in obtaining financing to support the acquisition of Orchard Software Corporation, a privately owned company specializing in developing and supporting award-winning Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) that enhance clinical and pathology laboratory workflow, as well as support laboratory outreach and point-of-care testing (POCT).
- Represented Alpine Investors in the creation of the Apex Services Partners platform and subsequent add-on acquisitions.
- Represented Main Post Partners in its strategic growth investment in The Happy Planner, a fast-growing, creative lifestyle brand of organizational and creative planning systems.
- Represented Spark Networks in its acquisition of Zoosk, Inc., resulting in the creation of the second largest dating company in North America.
- Represented San Francisco Equity Partners in its acquisition of clean beauty brand Jane Iredale.
- Represented Main Post Partners and its portfolio company Fortis Solutions Group in connection with Fortis’ acquisition of Infinite Packaging Group, Inc., a full-service converter of label products.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in its acquisition of RegEd, Inc., the leading provider of compliance and regulatory management services for insurance companies, broker-dealers, banks, and other financial services companies.
- Represented Vector Capital in its agreement to provide $100 million second lien term loan to support Permira Funds’ acquisition of Synamedia, a leading video software solutions provider, from Cisco.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in obtaining financing to support the acquisition of Shermco Industries, the leading independent provider of electrical testing, maintenance, and repair services in North America.
- Represented Alpine Investors and its portfolio company Evergreen Services Group in a number of acquisitions and financings.
- Represented Main Post Partners and its portfolio company Chuze Fitness in obtaining a senior secured credit facility to support future company growth.
- Represented Main Post Partners in its investment in Fortis Solutions Group, a provider of labeling and packing solutions for consumer packaged goods companies, which is headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA.
- In re Real Industry, Inc., et al.
(Bankr. D. Del.). Counsel to Real Industry, Inc., Real Alloy Holding, Inc. and their affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases. Real Industry is a publicly traded holding company and Real Alloy Holding, Inc. and its affiliated debtors are primarily engaged in the aluminum recycling business.
- Represented Francisco Partners and its portfolio company HealthcareSource HR, Inc. in obtaining a senior secured credit facility to support the acquisition of Vikus Corporation, a provider of end-to-end hiring software built to meet the specific needs of senior care providers.
- Represented Windjammer Capital Investors and its portfolio company Flinn Scientific, a multi-line supplier of manufactured and purchased science education products and curricula, in its acquisition of WhiteBox Learning LLC, a leading software as a service (SaaS) provider in the education space.
- Represented Accela, Inc., a provider of civic engagement software solutions for state, county and municipal governments, in its sale to Berkshire Partners, a Boston-based middle-market private equity firm.
- Represented Francisco Partners and its portfolio company eSolutions, Inc. in its acquisition of RemitDATA, Inc., a healthcare technology company that provides comparative data analytics software.
- Represented Francisco Partners and its portfolio company Avangate, Inc., a global ecommerce and subscription billing platform, in obtaining a senior secured credit facility to support the acquisition of 2Checkout.com, Inc.
- Represented Francisco Partners and its portfolio company HealthcareSource HR, Inc. in its acquisition of the Centricity Contingent Staffing business from the healthcare IT division of General Electric.
- Represented LBO France and its portfolio company, McIntosh Group, a leading designer and manufacturer of high-end audio equipment, in obtaining new senior secured credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness and support future growth.
- In re Maxus Energy Corporation, et al.
(Bankr. D. Del.). Counsel to Maxus Energy Corporation and four affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases. Maxus and its affiliated debtors are engaged primarily in the business of managing various oil and gas-related interests, as well as providing environmental remediation management services.
- In re Sungevity, Inc., et al.
(Bankr. D. Del.). Counsel to Sungevity, Inc., and three affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases. Sungevity and its affiliated debtors are engaged primarily in the business of providing design, installation, financing and maintenance services for residential solar energy systems.
- Represented Sugarfina, Inc., a gourmet candy boutique, in obtaining new secured credit facilities to support future growth.
- Represented Novadaq Technology Inc., a medical device company, in obtaining new secured credit facilities to support future growth.
- Represented Cherokee Global Brands, a global brand marketing platform, in obtaining a senior secured credit facility to support its acquisition of Hi-Tec Sports, a producer and distributor of sportswear and accessories.
- Represented Auris Surgical Robots, a technology company in the field of surgical robotics, in obtaining a senior secured credit facility to support its acquisition of Hansen Medical, a medical robotics company.
- Represented The Capital Partnership, a private investment office and asset manager, in its acquisition of Northgate Capital, a private equity and venture capital firm.