MoFo recently partnered with Corporate Counsel on a 20-question survey of global in-house counsel to gain insight into ESG policy and compliance development, implementation, and reporting within organizations. The survey also captures the specific role of corporate legal departments in ESG strategy as an extension of compliance and as a driver of value within their organizations.
Please join us and a panel of industry leaders for a dynamic interactive discussion, including an overview of the GCs and ESG survey. Our panel will explore how the role of in-house legal leaders has shifted and now requires more focus on using ESG to drive value and manage risk for the entire enterprise.
The virtual event will provide commentary and insight for legal departments across a variety of ESG-related issues, including:
- Whether in-house legal departments still view ESG and their role in its adoption and promotion too narrowly
- As demands increase for more meaningful action and transparency—why legal departments should drive ESG compliance within their organizations
- “The Big Six” components of ESG that are essential to all companies, including Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery, Cybersecurity and Privacy, Sanctions, Human Rights and Supply Chain, Climate, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Why legal departments will need to increase their time spent on the “E” in ESG – including how to prepare for SEC's Climate-Related Disclosure Rule
- Strategies on how to link executive compensation with qualitative ESG metrics to capture financial performance
- The essential role independent verifiers play in undergirding the credibility of ESG reporting
View a recording of the Welcome & Introduction
View a recording of the Fireside Chat
View a recording of the Panel Discussion
- Fireside Chat
- Lynelle P. Cameron, Board Advisor, Plan C Advisors and Indigo
- Susan H. Mac Cormac, Global Chair of the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), Social Enterprise + Impact Investing, and Energy practices, MoFo
- Panel Discussion
- Laura Gitman, Chief Operating Officer, Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- Shahla Hazratjee, Corporate Securities Counsel, Planet Labs
- Amanda Riley, Senior Corporate Counsel for Corporate Operations and Mergers and Acquisitions, Autodesk
- Stacey M. Sprenkel, Global Ethics and Compliance Practice Lead, MoFo
- Moderator: Alfredo B. D. Silva, Corporate Partner, Co-chair of the Social Enterprise and Impact Investing practice, MoFo
This event will be co-hosted by Susan H. Mac Cormac and Heather Nevitt, Editor-in-Chief of Corporate Counsel and Global Leaders in Law at ALM.