Stephanie Sharron, Annalisa Cooper, and Wolfgang Schoenig, with assistance from Robert Grohmann, authored an article for Law360 explaining the top ten considerations when licensing AI for drug discovery.
The ten considerations are:
- Consider the nature of the services being provided.
- Be mindful of IP ownership.
- Consider quality and privacy issues for training data.
- Consider exclusivity.
- Account for infringement risk.
- Be reasonable with royalties.
- Evaluate confidentiality and competitive use.
- Plan for uncertainty.
- Scrutinize contractual risk allocation.
- Beware of an evolving regulatory landscape.
Read the full article.