In this episode of the Above Board podcast, partner and host Dave Lynn speaks with Miriam Wugmeister, partner and co-chair of Morrison Foerster’s Global Privacy and Data Security Group, and Alex Iftimie, partner and co-chair of the firm’s Global Risk and Crisis Management Group, on cybersecurity exposure preparedness for board members, including:
- How to think about cybersecurity alongside other enterprise risks;
- The board’s role before, during, and after an incident;
- How to approach cybersecurity risks alongside other enterprise risks;
- When to escalate cybersecurity incidents to the board;
- Regulatory expectations for the board’s oversight of cybersecurity;
- Questions boards should ask; and
- How the SEC’s proposed rules will impact a company’s approach to cybersecurity.