Emily Beers is of counsel in Morrison & Foerster’s Corporate Finance practice. Her practice focuses on representing publicly and privately held companies in a variety of corporate and securities law matters.
Emily represents both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, private placements and debt financings, including offerings of common and preferred equity, debt, convertible debt and high yield debt and tender offers.
In addition, Emily regularly counsels companies with respect to corporate governance issues, compliance with the U.S. federal securities laws and the requirements of the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ, as well as general corporate matters.
Emily is recognized in IFLR1000 for Capital Markets: Debt, Capital Markets: Equity, and M&A (2021).
Prior to joining Morrison & Foerster, Emily worked as an associate in the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and in the London office of Latham & Watkins LLP.
- Representing Sprint Corp. and SoftBank Group Corp., the controlling shareholder of Sprint, on the proposed all stock merger of Sprint and T-Mobile US Inc. The total implied enterprise value for Sprint in the transaction is approximately $59 billion and the aggregate for the combined company enterprise value is approximately $146 billion.
- Represented The Chemours Company (NYSE: CC) in its concurrent registered offering of €450 million 4.000% Senior Notes due 2026, tender offers to purchase all or a portion of its outstanding 6.125% Senior Notes due 2023 and 6.625% Senior Notes due 2023 and related consent solicitations.
- Represented McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK) in its concurrent registered offerings of $700 million 3.650% Notes due 2020 and $400 million 4.750% Notes due 2029, tender offers for a portion of its outstanding senior notes and related consent solicitations.
- As designated underwriters counsel to Royal Dutch Shell Plc, represented the underwriters in connection with registered offerings of $22.5 billion of fixed and floating rate notes by Shell International Finance, the U.S. financing subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
- Represented underwriters in ERP Operating Limited Partners, a subsidiary of Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) in its public offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of 4.150% notes due December 1, 2028.
- Represented McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK) in its concurrent registered offerings of £450 million 3.125% Notes due 2029, €600 million 0.625% Notes due 2021 and €600 million 1.500% Notes due 2025.
- Represented Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ: VECO) in its registered offering of $300 million 2.70% Convertible Senior Notes due 2023.
- Represented ON Semiconductor (NASDAQ: ON) in its Rule 144A offering of $500 million 1.625% Convertible Senior Notes due 2023.
- Represented the sales agents in connection with Equity Residential’s (NYSE: EQR) at-the-market offering of 13 million common shares; represented the underwriters in connection with registered offerings by Equity Residential’s operating partnership, ERP Operating Limited Partnership, of an aggregate of $1.25 billion of notes.
- Represented Whitestone REIT (NYSE: WSR) in its registered offering of 3.75 million common shares and at-the-market offering of $50 million common shares.
- Represented Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFM) in its $1.0 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of 5.200% senior notes due 2025.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Community Healthcare Trust Incorporated’s (NYSE: CHCT) approximately $136.6 million initial public offering.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with $15 billion of registered offerings of fixed and floating rate notes by Shell International Finance, the U.S. financing subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
- Represented Inovalon Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INOV) in its approximately $685 million initial public offering.
- Represented AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE: AZO) in its $650 million senior notes offering in April 2015.