“ Deals are about creatively collaborating with all transaction team members to efficiently bring all of the moving pieces together and achieve the big picture goals of my client.
Lauren focuses her practice on advising clients with respect to corporate governance matters, compliance matters, mergers and acquisitions, internal restructuring transactions, joint ventures and complex commercial transactions. She has significant experience representing both buy-side and sell-side clients on both complex domestic and cross-border combination and commercial transactions in a variety of industries, with a particular focus on technology (semiconductors, software and the Internet), manufacturing, government contracting and real estate investment trusts.
She has been recognized by Legal 500 US for M&A: Large Deals ($1bn+) and was also named a Rising Star for M&A by Law360 in 2017 and an Emerging M&A Leader‑Legal by M&A Advisor. Lauren is regularly mentioned and recognized by leading industry publications, including Law360, Asian Legal Business, and many others.
She has also regularly counseled real estate investment trusts and other companies with significant real estate holdings or real estate management businesses with respect to complex restructuring and roll-up transactions, particularly in contemplation of an initial public offering, large equity investment, or other strategic alternative process. She has been recognized by Legal 500 US for Real Estate Investment Trusts.
Lauren joined Morrison & Foerster in 2015 from another large law firm, where she served as a partner in the corporate transactional group.
- Represented ON Semiconductor in its $2.4 billion acquisition of Fairchild Semiconductor.
- Represented ON Semiconductor in its $1.07 billion all-cash acquisition of Silicon Valley-based public company Quantenna Communications Inc. (NAS: QTNA).
- Represented SoftBank Group, in the $8.6 billion sale of its controlling stake in Finnish gaming company Supercell Oy to Chinese Internet company Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Represented SoftBank Group in connection with other merger and investment transactions in the technology industry, including with respect to its investment in OneWeb.
- Represented Lockheed Martin Corporation in several acquisitions of private companies in the government contracting industry, including the acquisition of CDL Systems Ltd., Gyrocam Systems, LLC, Universal System & Technology Inc., and QTC Holdings, Inc.; and the divestiture of Lockheed Martin Corporation’s Enterprise Integration Group business.
- Represtented KPP Trustees Ltd. on its acquisition of Eastman Kodak Company’s Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging businesses.
- Represented PPG Industries, Inc. in connection with several acquisitions of private companies.
- Represented EdR (NYSE: EDR), one of the nation’s largest developers, owners, and managers of high-quality collegiate housing communities, in its US$4.6 billion all-cash sale to a newly formed perpetual life vehicle led by an affiliate of Greystar Real Estate Partners.
- Represented MedEquities Realty Trust, Inc. in its merger with Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. for an approximate value of $600 million.
- Represented the independent directors of American Realty Capital Hospitality Trust, Inc. (ARC Hospitality) in connection with its definitive agreement with an affiliate of Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners II, pursuant to which Brookfield has provided an investment commitment of up to $400 million in the form of convertible preferred limited partnership units of the company’s operating partnership, American Realty Capital Hospitality Operating Partnership, L.P., on a delayed draw basis.
- Represented Farmland Partners, Inc., a real estate investment trust with a portfolio comprised of 271 farms, in its acquisition of all outstanding common stock of American Farmland Company.
- Represented Jernigan Capital, Inc. in its co-investment agreement with an affiliate of Heitman Capital Management, LLC, pursuant to which such co-investor has committed $75 million to the previously announced joint venture between the Company and the Heitman affiliate.
- Represented General Electric Capital Corp. in its $23 billion divestiture of its commercial real estate business to affiliates of The Blackstone Group and Wells Fargo, N.A.
- Represented Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo Securities, and Deutsche Bank Securities in the $2.3 billion IPO of Paramount Group, Inc.
- Represented Equity Residential in its $16 billion acquisition of Archstone Enterprise LP from Lehman Brothers Holding, Inc.
- Represented GE Healthcare in its acquisition of Thermo Fisher’s cell culture, gene modulation, and magnetic beads businesses for approximately $1.06 billion.
- Represented Playa Hotels & Resorts, B.V. in a series of real estate property and management related transactions.
- Represented Eola Capital in its $462 million sales of its property management business and six office properties to Parkway Properties, Inc. and Parkway Properties Office Fund II, LP.
- Represented a private real estate company in its restructuring transactions prior to a private equity investment and refinanced credit facility and in contemplation of a future initial public offering.
- Represented Avanade, Inc., a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and Accenture plc, in its acquisition of the U.S. CRM business of Ascentium Corporation.
- Represented Helsinn Healthcare S.A., a Swiss-based pharmaceutical company, and its U.S.‑based subsidiary Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.) Inc., in connection with a development and co‑promotion arrangement with Eisai Inc. for the commercialization of combination drug products in the U.S.
- Represented MGI Pharma, Inc. in its acquisition through a $4 billion cash tender offer by Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Represented Black & Decker Corporation in its stock-for-stock merger with Stanley Works.