Randy, co-chair of the firm’s Latin America Desk and partner in the Corporate Department, advises multinational clients in connection with cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities and finance transactions throughout Central and South America, the Caribbean, Europe and the United States.
Randy has advised numerous European global corporations in connection with establishing and developing their U.S. presences, as well as managing their Latin American operations. He also represents issuers in equity and debt offerings and exchange listings.
Randy’s mergers and acquisitions work has focused on international cross-border mergers and acquisitions across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, telecommunications, media, entertainment, energy, agriculture, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented SoftBank in connection with a Series C financing round led by SoftBank’s Latin America Fund in Brazilian data science company Cortex.
- Represented SoftBank in connection with a Series B financing round led by SoftBank’s Latin America Fund totaling US$125 million in AlphaCredit, one of the fastest growing technology-enabled financial platforms in Latin America.
- Represented Inchcape, the leading global independent multi-brand automotive distributor and retailer, in its cash-free and debt-free £47 million acquisition of Autolider, a distributor of Daimler brands in both Uruguay and Ecuador.
- Representation of Dolphin Entertainment, Inc., a leading independent entertainment marketing and premium content development company, in its $3 million acquisition of Shore Fire Media, Ltd., a public relations and media management firm based in Brooklyn, New York that specializes in music, entertainment and popular culture.
- Represented SoftBank in connection with a Series D investment round totaling US$250 million in QuintoAndar, a São Paulo-based real estate leasing platform.
- Represented SoftBank in its joint US$150 million Series C round investment with Tencent in Argentine fintech company Ualá.
- Represented SoftBank in its $100M investment in Konfio, an online lending platform in Mexico.
- Represented SoftBank in its investment in Buser, Ltd., an intercity bus charter online booking service in Brazil.
- Represented Andean Tower Partners Colombia, operator and developer of wireless telecommunications infrastructure owned by Digital Bridge, in the US$55 million refinancing operation granted by Scotiabank Colpatria. Andean Tower Partners Colombia is expected to use the funds to develop and acquire telecommunications infrastructure assets.
- Representation of Satelites Mexicanos, S.A. de C.V. in its prepackaged plan of reorganization and issuance of US$325 million exit financing of senior secured notes, and follow-on note offerings.
- Represented Costa Rican and U.S. issuers in the refinancing of an existing facility through the issuance and private placement of US$250 million in notes to affiliates of a U.S. insurance provider.
- Represented Torres Unidas Chile SpA and Torres Unidas del Perú S.R.L., telecommunications and infrastructure companies in Chile and Peru respectively, in US$120 million syndicated term loan cross-collateralized facilities with Scotiabank Chile and Scotiabank Perú S.A.A, and multiple refinancings of such facilities over a six-year period.
- Represented a leading private equity investor in growth markets across Latin America in its US$120 million revolving credit facility with a leading multinational bank.
- Represented a Costa Rican tower operator in its term loan agreement with a leading commercial bank in Costa Rica.
- Represented one of the largest financial services firms in the world in syndicated credit facilities, acquisition finance facilities and other financing transactions in various industries throughout Latin America, including in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Panama, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.
- Represented a Salvadoran retailer in connection with US$300 million multicurrency financings secured by assets in 11 different Caribbean jurisdictions. The acquisition was consummated in part through public offers in Jamaica and Barbados.
- Represented the manager and operator of 52 airport facilities in Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Uruguay, Ecuador, Armenia and Peru in its US$485 million initial public offering (IPO) on the NYSE.
- Represented German foreign private issuers in various industries in connection with initial public offerings and Nasdaq listings.
- Represented underwriter in multiple follow-on offerings for a nanotechnology-focused closed-end investment fund.