Morrison Foerster is pleased to invite you to attend the final session of our three-part series discussing the strategies and remedies that are available in the United States, Europe, and Asia for protecting against international trade secret theft.
Session 3: Can You Keep a Secret? Protecting Your Trade Secrets in the UK and EU
When is confidential information also a trade secret? What difference does it make, and when will it matter? This session will assess the landscape of trade secrets in the UK and Germany and compare and contrast how to protect and enforce trade secrets against global threats. It will address what constitutes a trade secret under German and English law, as well as best practices in how to protect and enforce them in an international setting.
Our panelists will discuss:
• The impact of the EU Trade Secrets Directive in Germany and the UK;
• The interaction between trade secrets, whistleblowing and reverse-engineering; and
• Practical considerations around protection and enforcement.
The session will be presented by accomplished MoFo litigators with a depth of experience navigating trade secret laws in various forums and across borders.
• Steven James (Partner, London)
• Dr. Wolfgang Schönig (Partner, Berlin)
• Ruth Arkley (Of Counsel, London)