Andy’s practice focuses on representing issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions and advising public and private companies on a variety of other corporate and securities matters, including strategic transactions, corporate governance matters, and compliance with the U.S. federal securities laws and the listing standards of securities exchanges. With a particular focus in the REIT industry, Andy has extensive experience advising both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and other registered and unregistered offerings of common and preferred equity, debt, and equity-linked securities. He also serves as primary outside counsel to a number of public and private companies and regularly advises members of management and boards of directors regarding corporate and securities matters.
- Represented UDR, Inc. (NYSE: UDR) in connection with multiple public offerings of debt and equity securities resulting in proceeds in excess of $4 billion.
- Represented Armada Hoffler Properties, Inc. (NYSE: AHH) in connection with multiple public offerings of common and preferred stock and private placements of operating partnership units.
- Represented MedEquities Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MRT) in its $600 million merger with Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (NYSE: OHI).
- Represented RH (NYSE: RH) in connection with its $350 million Rule 144A offering of convertible notes.
- Represented Vonage Holdings Corp. (NYSE: VG) in connection with its $300 million Rule 144A offering of convertible notes.
- Represented MedEquities Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MRT) in connection with its $256 million initial public offering, its $164 million 144A offering and private placement of common stock, and its $125 million private placement of preferred stock.
- Represented Inovalon Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INOV) in connection with its $685 million initial public offering.
- Represented Farmland Partners Inc. (NYSE: FPI) in connection with its initial public offering and subsequent public offerings of its common stock, its $131 million offering of 6.00% Series B Participating Preferred Stock, and private placements of operating partnership units.
- Represented the management team at Parkway, Inc. in connection with its $1.2 billion acquisition by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Represented UDR, Inc. (NYSE: UDR) in connection with Home Properties, Inc.’s $7.6 billion acquisition by Lone Star Funds in which UDR acquired six communities for approximately $908 million.
- Represented Farmland Partners Inc. (NYSE: FPI) in connection with its $197 million acquisition of 22,100 acres of farmland in Illinois.
- Represented BMO Capital Markets, BofA Merrill Lynch, and Citigroup in Sun Communities, Inc.’s (NYSE: SUI) $250 million at-the-market equity offering.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Independence Realty Trust’s (NYSE: IRT) $34 million offering of common stock and concurrent listing.
- Represented Jefferies and Baird in the initial public offering of AmREIT, Inc.
- Represented JP Morgan, Citi, Deutsche Bank, and KeyBanc in the $293 million initial public offering of Retail Properties of America, Inc. (NYSE: RPAI).
- Represented Colony Financial, Inc. in its $287.5 million initial public offering.