John Hensley is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Finance | Capital Markets practice. He represents publicly and privately held companies in a variety of corporate and securities law matters.
John represents both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings, follow-on offerings and private placements, including offerings of common and preferred equity, debt, and convertible debt. In addition, John regularly advises numerous public company clients regarding general business matters, corporate governance issues and compliance with the U.S. federal securities laws and the requirements of the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ.
John has been recognized as an “Associate to Watch” by Chambers USA in the area of REITs.
- Represented Krystal Biotech, Inc. (NASDAQ:KRYS) in its $125 million underwritten public equity offering
- Represented Education Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:EDR) in connection with multiple public offerings of debt and equity securities resulting in proceeds in excess of $2.0 billion
- Represented Farmland Partners Inc. (NYSE:FPI) in its $53.2 million initial public offering, its $46.5 million and $37.0 million follow-on offerings and its $25.0 million at-the-market equity offering.
- Represented Farmland Partners, Inc. in connection with its stock-for-stock acquisition of American Farmland Company (NYSE:AFCO) as well as more than $400 million of property acquisitions
- Represented Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFM) in its $1.0 billion Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of 5.200% senior notes due 2025 and subsequent registered exchange offer
- Represented the underwriters in connection with registered offerings of over $33 billion of fixed and floating rate notes by Shell International Finance, the U.S. financing subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Represented the underwriters in connection with the registered offering of $5 billion of notes by Novartis Capital Corporation, the U.S. financing subsidiary of Novartis AG.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Plymouth Industrial REIT’s approximately $58 million initial public offering, multiple follow-on offerings of common stock, and $45 million offering of preferred stock.
- Represented Southwest Gas Corporation in multiple registered debt offerings of over $1 billion in the aggregate.
- Represented Vonage Holdings Corp. in connection with its $300 million Rule 144A offering of convertible notes.
- Represented MedEquities Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:MRT) in its $275 million initial public offering
- Represented Inovalon Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:INOV) in its $685 million initial public offering
- Represented Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:VECO) in two 144A convertible notes offerings of $425 million in the aggregate
- Represented ON Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:ON) in its $500 million Rule 144A offering of 1.625% senior convertible notes
- Represented Trade Street Residential, Inc. in its merger with Independence Realty Trust, Inc.
- Represented the sales agents in connection with Equity Residential’s (NYSE:EQR) at-the-market offering program of 13 million common shares
- Represented the underwriters in Sotherly Hotels’ (NYSE:SOHO) offering of 8.0% Series B Redeemable Preferred Stock
- Represented UDR, Inc. in connection with multiple public debt offerings with an aggregate value of approximately $600 million
- Represented the underwriters in connection with the establishment of a $300 million at-the-market (ATM) equity offering program by Apple Hospitality REIT