Joe Sulzbach is a partner at Morrison & Foerster LLP in the Corporate Group, focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters. Joe has represented numerous public and private entities in a variety of transactions, including domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and corporate governance matters. He has advised a broad range of clients across industries, including technology, media and telecom (TMT), industrial, chemicals, consumer goods and retail, energy, healthcare and pharmaceuticals and real estate.
Joe received his J.D. magna cum laude from Hofstra University School of Law, where he was an associate editor for the Hofstra Law Review. He received his B.A. from Gettysburg College.
Select examples of Mr. Sulzbach’s experience include the following:
- Represented Solomon Partners as financial advisor to Aries I Acquisition Corporation, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with Infinite Assets, Inc.
- Represented Paine Schwartz Partners, a global leader in sustainable food chain investing, in connection with its new platform investment in Registrar Corp., a leading provider of supply chain compliance software and services to domestic and foreign food & beverage, medical device, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic customers.
- Silver Crest Acquisition Corporation (NASDAQ: SLCR), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in connection with its US$1.7 billion business combination with TH International Limited (Tims China), a master franchisee and operator of Tim Hortons coffee shops in China.
- Represented Sky Harbour LLC, a developer of private aviation infrastructure focused on building, leasing, and managing business aviation hangars, in its business combination agreement with Yellowstone Acquisition Company (NASDAQ: YSAC, YSACU, and YSACW), a publicly traded SPAC sponsored by Boston Omaha Corporation (NASDAQ:BOMN). The combined company will have an implied pro forma equity market value of approximately $777 million at closing.
- Represented SoftBank Group Corp. as the largest investor in WeWork in connection with WeWork’s agreement to merge with BowX Acquisition Corp., which will take the company public, in a transaction that values WeWork at an initial enterprise value of approximately $9 billion.
- Represented NTT Communications Corporation and Secure-24 in the acquisition of SymSoft Holding Inc. and Symmetry Holding Inc. from Symmetry Holdings, LLC, a portfolio company of Great Hill Equity Partners.
- Represented Qatalyst Partners as financial advisor to CA, Inc. in its $18.9 billion sale to Broadcom.
- Represented Kirin Holdings Company, Limited in its acquisition of approximately 40% of the capital stock of Thorne Holding Corp.
- Represented Rao’s Specialty Foods, Inc. in its sale to Sovos Brands, an affiliate of funds managed by Advent International.
- Represented JERA in the acquisition of a 43% stake in Cricket Valley Energy Center, the developer of a 1,000MW natural gas-fired power plant located in Dover, New York.
- Represented Renesas Electronics in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Intersil Corporation.
- Represented Ducera Securities as financial advisor to Monsanto Company in its $66 billion sale to Bayer AG.
- Represented DaVita HealthCare Partners in its acquisition of Renal Ventures Limited.
- Represented Inovalon Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Creehan Holding Co., Inc.
- Represented Inovalon Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Avalere Health, Inc.
- Represented GLP Pte. Ltd. in its acquisition of a $4.55 billion U.S. logistics portfolio from Industrial Income Trust.
- Represented JLB Group, LLC in its acquisition of Sneakz, LLC.
- Represented Futamura Chemical Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of the cellulose business of Innovia Films.
- Represented Kirin Holdings Company, Limited in its acquisition of approximately 24.5% of the capital stock of The Brooklyn Brewery Corporation.