Stan Yukevich is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, private equity and venture capital investments, and general corporate representation and counselling. Mr. Yukevich works with clients across a range of industries, with significant experience in the technology, medical device and related sectors.
Mr. Yukevich is recommended as a leading M&A lawyer in Japan by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, IFLR1000, and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Mr. Yukevich was also recognized by the Japan edition of Best Lawyers in the categories of Corporate and M&A and for Private Equity, Private Funds and Venture Capital.
Mr. Yukevich teaches a course on business contracts drafting at Temple Law School’s Tokyo campus, and has lectured on M&A topics at Waseda University and at Hitotsubashi University’s Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy.
Mr. Yukevich's representative transactions include the following:
- Hitachi and Hitachi Appliances in their formation of a global air conditioning joint venture with Johnson Controls, integrating the companies’ HVAC businesses.
- Toshiba in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Landis+Gyr AG, a leading provider of advanced electricity and other utility meters and related solutions for the smart grid.
- Terumo Corporation in its $2.6 billion acquisition of CaridianBCT, a leading provider of blood collection, treatment and related products.
- NTT in its acquisition of Solutionary, a leading pure-play managed security services provider for IT infrastructures, applications, networks, and cloud and mobile environments.
- NTT DATA in its acquisition of Keane International, a global outsource provider of IT services relating to custom application development and management, enterprise application services, infrastructure solutions, and business processes.
- Toshiba TEC in its $850 million acquisition of IBM’s global retail point-of-sale systems and solutions business.
- Toshiba in its $600 million global joint venture with General Electric for the manufacture and sale of industrial drive products.
- Hitachi in its acquisition of a majority stake in M-Tech Information Technologies, a leading provider of identity management software and services headquartered in Calgary, Canada.
- Intel Capital in its venture capital investments in Gengo, a web-based provider of translation services, and Cloudian, a provider of storage software solutions for the cloud environment.
- Mitsui in its joint acquisition with Energy Advance Co., Ltd. (a subsidiary of Tokyo Gas) of Ecogen Brasil Soluções Energéticas S.A., a leading provider of co-generation power facilities and solutions for industrial facilities and shopping centers in Brazil.
- Citigroup Principal Investments Japan in its sale of the Niseko Village ski resort and facility in Hokkaido, Japan to YTL Hotels and Properties, a leading Malaysian hotel and resort company.
- Sumitomo in its $1.9 billion acquisition of a 30% stake in the iron ore unit of Brazilian steelmaker Usiminas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais.
- Nexon Japan in its common stock and convertible debt investments in Fantage.com, Inc., a New Jersey company that operates a next-generation virtual community site.
- Nikon in its acquisition by cash takeover bid of Metris NV, a Belgian maker of precision measuring equipment for the aerospace and other manufacturing industries.
- NTT DoCoMo in its acquisitions of Guam Cellular & Paging and Guam Wireless, two leading wireless communications providers on Guam.
- ACCESS Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of IP Infusion, a leading provider of network software for mobile phones.
- SBI Holdings in its investment and subsequent sale of an equity interest in Sino Polymer New Materials Co., Ltd., a Chinese maker of advanced polymer materials, and its sale of its equity interest in Taikang Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Daifuku in its acquisition of Jervis B. Webb Company, a world leader in airport baggage and material handling systems.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering in its acquisition of NEC Electronics’ semiconductor packaging and testing facilities in Takahata, Japan.