Our environmental sustainability program focuses on four priority topics, environmental governance, operational greenhouse gas emissions, renewable energy, and sustainable procurement.
Please see below for some examples of how we promote environmental sustainability in our operations. To learn more about these initiatives and others Morrison Foerster is working on, please review the Environmental Sustainability Committee Annual Report.
- To promote a culture of environmental sustainability, the firm encourages attorneys and business professionals to participate in the “MoFoEco” pledge program. The pledge entails taking actions at work and at home to minimize waste, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and conserve resources.
- We track and report our scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas emissions. Please visit the Greenhouse Gas Protocol site to learn more about the greenhouse gas emissions scopes.
- We have set a target to procure 100% renewable electricity for U.S. offices in 2025.
- We aim to partner with suppliers to reduce the environmental impact of our supply chain (view our Supplier Code of Conduct).
- The Environmental Sustainability Committee held several events and activities focused on climate in September 2023. A recap can be found on the MoFo+ blog.
Celebration of Earth Month
- Offices across the firm celebrated Earth Month in 2023. Check out both our firmwide and office initiatives on the MoFo+ blog.