Tyler Sewell is a partner in the Corporate Department of Morrison & Foerster’s Denver office, specializing in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
He focuses his practice on advising clients on a broad range of corporate matters, with an emphasis on M&A, private equity transactions and other complex corporate transactions.
Tyler advises clients in various transaction structures including leveraged acquisitions, divestitures, asset acquisitions, stock acquisitions, mergers, auctions, and cross-border transactions. He works with buyers and targets in a variety of industries, including technology (semiconductors, software, and Internet), consumer products, e-commerce, healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, transportation and payment processing.
Prior to attending law school, he served as a surface warfare officer on the USS Russell and the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Astroscale U.S. in its acquisition of assets of Effective Space Solutions R&D
- Aurotech in its acquisition by OpenGate Capital
- Babel Street in its acquisition of certain assets of Dunami
- California Cryobank in its acquisition of Donor Egg Bank
- CBRE Group in its acquisition of Tax Credit Group
- Continental Mapping Consultants in its acquisition by Bluestone Investment Partners
- Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: EVHC), its operating subsidiaries and affiliates in multiple transactions, including the acquisitions of Guardian Healthcare Group; Life Line Ambulance Service; Phoenix Physicians; Emergency Medical Associates of New Jersey; Scottsdale Emergency Associates; Questcare Medical Services Emergency Physicians Medical Group
- Excellere Partners in its investment in Concord Technologies
- Genesis Water in a Series A investment
- Intelligent Software Solutions in acquisition of Xpect Software
- Iovation in its acquisition by TransUnion
- KRG Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including, its acquisition of F.A. Richard & Co., its sale of Avizent to Abry and its sale of Tronair to Levine Leichtman
- McKesson Corporation in its acquisitions of Vantage Oncology LLC and Biologics, Inc.
- Minerva Engineering in its acquisition by ManTech International
- Novaria Group in its acquisition of Fitz Manufacturing Industries
- Restoration Hardware in its acquisition of Waterworks
- ShowingTime in its sale to Zillow Group
- SoftBank Corporation in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of a controlling interest in Brightstar Corp. and its sale of its controlling stake in Finnish gaming company Supercell Oy to Tencent Holdings
- Splunk, Inc. in its acquisition of Caspida, Inc.
- Telesis in its acquisition of Belcan
- Tomkins Ltd. in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Du-Tex; its divestiture of Dexter Axle to Sterling Partners and its sale of Aquatic US Holdings to Sterling Partners
- Unilever in its acquisition of Dollar Shave Club
- Westfire, Inc. in its sale to Tyco SimplexGrinnell
- Yahoo! in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Brightroll
- zipLogix in its acquisition by Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies