Kevin J. Madden is of counsel in the firm’s Boston office.
Mr. Madden advises private equity sponsors and public and private company clients on a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, growth and venture investments, and divestitures.
He represents clients operating in a range of industries including technology, life sciences, health care, food, and manufacturing.
Prior to joining Morrison & Foerster, Mr. Madden practiced in the Boston office of another international law firm, where he advised private equity sponsors and public and private companies on corporate and transactional matters.
- Represented Abry Partners, a leading Boston-based private equity firm, in connection with the sale of its portfolio company, Music Reports Inc., to MidOcean Partners, a New York-based alternative middle market private equity asset manager.
- Represented the equity holders of N2 Biomedical, a provider of coating and surface treatment for medical and dental applications, in its sale to Ampersand Capital Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm.
- Represented Palo Alto Networks, an internet and software security company, in its acquisition of Zingbox, an IoT cybersecurity company.
- Represented Ethos Capital on its acquisition of Public Interest Registry (PIR), a nonprofit generic top-level domain registry that operates multiple domains, including one of the world’s largest (.ORG), and all of its assets from the Internet Society. (Terminated)
- Represented Klein Tools, manufacturer of professional grade tools and related equipment for tradespeople, in its acquisition of Ergodyne, maker of safety work gear, from its parent company Tenacious Holdings.
- Represented an individual seller in his sale of Gerawan Farming, a family peach farming business, to Wawona Packing Co., a fruit and packing company that is backed by Paine Schwartz, a private equity firm.
- Represented the equity holders of Brahmin, the maker of high quality leather accessories, in its sale to Markel Corporation.
- Represented Seajoy Seafood Corporation, one of the largest vertically integrated shrimp farming businesses in Central and South America, in its sale to Cooke Aquaculture.
- Represented a Boston-based private equity firm and its portfolio companies in buy-side (including leveraged buy-outs) and sell-side mergers, stock and asset sales transactions, including cross-border transactions, valued between $15 million to $950 million.
- Advised a Boston-based private equity firm in connection with the disposition of a California-based royalty business.
- Advised a New York-based private equity firm in connection with two acquisitions in the food manufacturing and services business.
- Advised a national homecare nursing company in connection with its sale.
- Represented searchers in the formation of search funds and fundraising, acquisitions, and ongoing corporate matters.
- Represented a data analytics company in its sale to a clinical trial SaaS company.
- Advised an online backup services company in a strategic transaction.
- Represented an internet and healthcare company in its sale to a global health services company.
- Represented a long-term care pharmacy in its sale to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented a dermatology practice in its sale to a portfolio company of a U.S.-based private equity fund.
- Advised a privately held manufacturing and tool company in connection with several strategic transactions and operations.
- Represented a major cloud computing company in the acquisition of companies in various countries, valued between $5 million and $500 million.
- Worked as part of a team representing a test instrument manufacturer in a public merger valued at $291 million.
- Advised a national bank in the sale of its wholly-owned insurance subsidiary in an auction process.
- Represented venture-backed technology companies in a variety of preferred equity financings.
- Advised a large institutional investor in more than 10 late stage/pre-IPO preferred equity financings.
- Represented private equity sponsors and portfolio companies in minority and growth equity investments.