The Legal 500 United States, one of the industry’s most prominent directories, has once again recognized Morrison & Foerster as a leading law firm by including 45 of the firm’s practices and 137 of its lawyers in its newly released 2020 edition, which ranks and recommends law firms and lawyers in the United States. The rankings are based solely on feedback from 300,000 in-house peers and The Legal 500’s independent research. We thank our clients for their continued trust in us to handle their most complex and innovative issues.
Of the practice area rankings, the firm received Tier 1 distinctions for Cyber Law (including Data Protection and Privacy); Data Privacy and Data Protection; Government Contracts; Patents: Licensing; and Product Liability, Mass Tort, and Class Action – Defense: Consumer Products (including Tobacco). The firm also entered the rankings this year for Commercial Lending: Advice to Borrowers, as well as Commercial Lending: Advice to Lenders.
Underscoring the wide range of talent at Morrison & Foerster, The Legal 500 recognized 137 of the firm’s lawyers, nine of whom are included on the publication’s highest distinction: the “Hall of Fame” list, which honors lawyers who have received constant praise from their clients for continued excellence. The Morrison & Foerster lawyers on the 2020 “Hall of Fame” list include:
- Arturo González, Leading Trial Lawyers
- Brian Busey, Patents: Litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Deanne Maynard, Appellate
- Henry Fields, Financial Services Regulation
- Kristen Mathews, Cyber Law: Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Michael Ward, Patents: Prosecution (including Reexamination and Post-grant Proceedings)
- Miriam Wugmeister, Cyber Law: Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Vivian Hanson, Outsourcing
- William Schwartz, Technology Transactions
In addition to the “Hall of Fame” distinction, a number of other Morrison & Foerster lawyers received praises from The Legal 500 with four partners tapped as “Leading Lawyers” in their field.
- David Churchill, Government Contracts
- Erin Bosman, Product Liability, Mass Tort, and Class Action: Consumer Products (including Tobacco) Defense
- Joseph Palmore, Appellate
- Julie O’Neill, Cyber Law: Data Privacy and Data Protection
The firm has also been recognized by The Legal 500 and broader market for our commitment to up-and-coming lawyers. Speaking to the material difference they’ve made to their practice, five lawyers were recognized as “Next Generation Partners” and three received “Rising Star” rankings.
Next Generation Partners:
- Ann Becchina, Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation, and Retirement Plans
- Damien Specht, Government Contracts
- Eliot Adelson, Cartel
- Jennifer Marines, Restructuring (including bankruptcy): Corporate
- Julie Park, Product Liability, Mass Tort, and Class Action: Consumer Products (including tobacco) Defense
- Melissa Crespo, Cyber Law: Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Mary Race, Cyber Law: Data Privacy and Data Protection
- Tiffany Quach, Cyber Law: Data Privacy and Data Protection
Morrison & Foerster of counsel Melissa Crespo is admitted in New York and Georgia only; practice supervised by principals of the firm admitted in D.C.