From our office in the heart of London’s world-renowned financial district, our UK- and U.S.-qualified lawyers work with clients on complex, cross-border transactions helping them to grow their business and manage risk. We handle some of the world’s largest cross-border transactions and resolve some of the biggest disputes across multiple jurisdictions.
Based in the thriving financial hub of the City, we have deep roots in the tech sector, and we have a strong understanding of the intersection of law and technology. We advise dynamic tech companies on strategic matters that are shaping the future of technology.
Working alongside our colleagues in the United States and Asia, we draw on cultural, jurisdictional, and market knowledge to deliver the best tailored advice and client service with a global approach. We know that each client has a unique set of circumstances and requirements and so we listen, advise, and communicate in a way that works for each client, using their language, not ours.
Our clients include:
- Technology companies
- Financial investors and institutions
- Private equity houses
- Leading consumer product companies
- Real estate companies
- Market leaders in their fields
Our achievements have not gone unnoticed. Our lawyers are considered among the leading legal authorities in their areas and are regularly recognized in rankings by independent publications such as Chambers, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers.
- Represented SoftBank in its £24.3 billion acquisition of UK-based semiconductor and software design company ARM Holdings plc. The transaction was the largest-ever cash acquisition of a UK company.
- Represented Toshiba in its “dual track” disposal process of Landis+Gyr. The transaction was completed through a $2.4 billion initial public offering of Landis+Gyr’s shares on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Acting for the liquidators of the Cayman Islands company, Saad Investments Company Limited (SICL), in connection with its enormous and highly complex $9.2 billion liquidation.
- Advised Vector Capital in its agreement to provide a $100 million second lien term loan to support Permira Funds’ acquisition of Synamedia, a leading video software solutions provider, from Cisco.
- Advised GLP (now GLP Pte. Ltd.), the leading global provider of modern logistics facilities, in connection with the formation of two new European funds to increase the size of GLP Pte.'s fund management platform by US$4 billion (€3.4 billion) to US$43 billion.
- Represented one of the members of the senior creditor group in the “Waterfall” series of cases involving Lehman Brothers International (Europe) (in administration) (LBIE), which involved issues arising out of proper distribution of an approximately £7.5 billion surplus following payment of LBIE’s provable debts.
MoFo London at a Glance
- 80+ lawyers and growing
- Est. 1980
- 20+ partners
- Full-service provision
- 37 attorneys lawyers recommended by Legal 500 2019